BX2370 Loader Issue

RJtwins

Equipment
Bx2370
Oct 3, 2015
Westerville, Oh
Hi All,

I know this is a minor issue, but its driving me crazy...

When reinstalling the front loader on my BX, I have a nearly impossible time getting the quick attach hydraulic connectors to latch with its male counterpart on the tractor. Two of them go on easily, but the other 2 never seem to lock into place. What the heck am I doing wrong, and are there any tricks to get these things to connect? The tractor is only a year old and only has about 50 hours on it. Could I need new connectors already?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
this was brought up recently.

When you unhooked it, did you wiggle the stick in all directions (engine off) this will take pressure off entire system.

It was mentioned that sunlight placing a little heat on the system causes it to build up pressure too.

Take a screwdriver and clean rag, place screwdriver in coupler and cover with rag - give a little smack, this will bleed the pressure off the line(s) and should connect back fine.

Rag is there not only to catch the very little spill - but more importantly the high pressure quirt that can cause serious harm.

City Kid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4060, FEL, Grapple, 72" finish mower,
Jun 27, 2015
Maiden Rock, WI USA
I had the same problem before I learned to depressurize the system by moving the handle around. I watched a ten minute video on this issue and in last thirty seconds the guy said, "you probably all know this but you have to move the lever around before uncoupling to depressurize the hydraulics" as you might guess I didn't know that. My problem seemed like a problem attaching the implement but in effect the problem was in detaching improperly. I found it difficult juggling the rag, the screwdriver, the hammer, and the connector. So instead I used to end wrenches and broke the seal. Not sure if that was correct but, it worked.

RJtwins

Equipment
Bx2370
Oct 3, 2015
Westerville, Oh
Thanks guys.

Im sure I didn't wiggle the stick when i removed the loader...

Ill take your advice and directions and let you know if it works.

Have a good night.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Sounds like your salesperson did not do his/her job! I always give the customer clues on making life easy and that's one thing I always mention upon delivery.

Also you should have signed off of on a Kubota delivery sheet which states that dismounting and mounting instructions given or demonstrated.

Pat

1stKubota

Equipment
BX 2370 Fel 60" mmm 50" rear blade 50" tiller
Jun 5, 2016
Southern Illinois
My BX 2370 is one year old with 140 hours. The last couple of times I removed my loader I had a hard time removing and installing the connector with red cap on it. I took it off the hose and I still cannot pull the ring back for enough to connect it. Next week I taking it back to the dealer and get a new one

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Sounds like your salesperson did not do his/her job! I always give the customer clues on making life easy and that's one thing I always mention upon delivery.

Also you should have signed off of on a Kubota delivery sheet which states that dismounting and mounting instructions given or demonstrated.

Pat
I got my BX new and the delivery instructions were, and I quote: We left it in your driveway, key is on top of the rear tire.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi

Pat
For a first time tractor owner with a fel and snowblower there was a lot to remember during a 20 minute delivery demonstration. I think he covered everything, but when you only have time to get the instructions and not the reasons it doesn't always stick. My dealer was very helpful on the two calls I made for directions, and OTT supplied the rest. I guess that's part of the reason OTT exists.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Wow! Shame on that dealer! I take personal pride and deliver 98% of sold equipment myself. I go over basic maintenance, i.e. oil change, grease and bleeding of fuel system. We go through dismounting and remounting procedures of all equipment and show each piece on the operators platform and what it's for and how and when to use it. I also give them warranty documents go through the owners manuals to show them critical points and even fill in the model/serial numbers in each book.

With that being said, are you aware of the grease fitting for the HST treadle pedal pivot point hiding under the mat?

Pat

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
For a first time tractor owner with a fel and snowblower there was a lot to remember during a 20 minute delivery demonstration. I think he covered everything, but when you only have time to get the instructions and not the reasons it doesn't always stick. My dealer was very helpful on the two calls I made for directions, and OTT supplied the rest. I guess that's part of the reason OTT exists.
I don't expect the customer to remember everything that I throw at them! I always before I walk away is please call me with questions or issues before you hurt yourself or the machine.

What happened to tcrote5516 is inexcusable!

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Your describing the situation I posted about last week http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25200

The issue is that some of the hydraulic lines/cylinders on the FEL (when it is disconnected from tractor) have pressure in them and therefore are hard to reconnect to tractor.

I just removed FEL again this weekend. There is no problem disconnecting the lines (I wiggle the control stick around, with engine off, before disconnecting, to relieve the pressure). But I noticed the FEL settle/shift a little after I pulled away.

I believe that shifting/movement is putting pressure on one or more of the lines. Also the sun heats up the cylinders some which can cause the pressure to increase in the lines. The more pressure in the lines the harder it is to reconnect.