BX2370 Gauge Cluster leaks w rain; Kubota wont reprogram Hours on New

LorenP

Equipment
BX2370/80
Apr 16, 2021
Houston
Hi All - Those of you who are familiar with the pre-BX..80 models, the gauge cluster was digital and had a poor seal around the edges. If it was rained on there was a chance water would leak into the cluster and fry it. Unfortunately the hours are stored in the cluster, so when you replace it with a new one the hours go to "0". I called my local dealer and they said they can ship the new one off to Kubota and have it programmed to show real hours... unfortunately got a call today from my rep saying they no longer will do this and to just write the hours on the back or remember the old hours so you can keep track. This kills integrity with selling the tractor. Anyone experience this? Anyway to still get it reprogrammed without sending to Kubota Corp, since they will no longer do this service?? Pretty upsetting I cant have true hours reflected on my tractor because their poor design that has a history of leaking. Notice the new BX..80's went back to analogue gauges.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
This problem has a been a royal PITA from the get go...... many people with that model (I have that model) have had the water problem in the dash.

THis will sound crazy .... is there any way to power that on a work bench? Somehow get 12 volts hooked to it and allow it to count off hours ? Told you it was crazy......

How many hours are you trying to add btw?

LorenP

Equipment
BX2370/80
Apr 16, 2021
Houston
That’s an idea and may be what I will have to do. What is annoying is I called my landsdown-moody and they said they can send it in to get reprogrammed, no problem... routine thing. I took it off, wasted an hour driving, waited a week only to be told Corporate no longer does it. I plan on selling the tractor soon and want it to reflect actual hours (just over 200).

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Since Kubota says they no longer reprogram them, ask to have the CANbus addresses and command codes (assuming it's CANbus). Then, anyone with a CANbus 'programmer' can program the dash for you.
it's like going to the Post Office and they won't put mail in a PO Box. What you need IS the PO box #, and YOU can put mail into it.
Now if(IF) the hours data is stored on an 'external' EEPROM and not in the 'CPU', then any ET could remove the EEPROM and resolder onto the new board. That may work, though I'd try the EEPROM on the bench first to be sure it isn't fried. In the good old dayze, EEPROM as socketted, making transfers/upgrades easy.....

LorenP

Equipment
BX2370/80
Apr 16, 2021
Houston
Since Kubota says they no longer reprogram them, ask to have the CANbus addresses and command codes (assuming it's CANbus). Then, anyone with a CANbus 'programmer' can program the dash for you.
it's like going to the Post Office and they won't put mail in a PO Box. What you need IS the PO box #, and YOU can put mail into it.
Now if(IF) the hours data is stored on an 'external' EEPROM and not in the 'CPU', then any ET could remove the EEPROM and resolder onto the new board. That may work, though I'd try the EEPROM on the bench first to be sure it isn't fried. In the good old dayze, EEPROM as socketted, making transfers/upgrades easy.....
That may be a bit more out of my experience level. I can ask tho. I like the idea of trying to power the pins on the cluster and see if It will run up the hours until eventually get to where it should be. Anyone have a Wiring diagram for the Gauge Cluster or know which pins to power with what? Or is it not as simple as giving 12v/ground to a couple pins for 9ish days?

LorenP

Equipment
BX2370/80
Apr 16, 2021
Houston
This thread has a diagram for cluster, but is cut off and still cant decipher which may need to be powered:

Pin 16 - ground
Pin 2 - 12v
Possibly 12v to pin(s) - 8, 9, 3 to get it counting hours