BX2360 Tiller Recommendations

MacGyver

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" MMM, 60" Plow
Nov 6, 2010
Ohio
I'm looking for a 3pt PTO tiller for my BX2360 and was looking for recommendations. The local Rural King sells King Kutter standard and XB for around $1400. My Dealer sells Woods and Land Pride for around $1700 to $2000.

I don't have a lot to till (less than half an acre), but I'll probably end up doing all my neighbors gardens as well :)

Questions:

If I go with the KK, should I get the standard or XB 48" tiller?

Should I spend the extra money and get a Woods or Land Pride? are they worth the extra money?

Should I get a reverse tine tiller or forward tine (optional with woods & landpride)?

I'm the type who likes to do it right the first time so I have no regrets, even if I have to pay a little more upfront. I look forward to your suggestions!

mccash40

Equipment
BX2360
Sep 4, 2011
queensbury, ny
I recently purchased a BX2360 and through researching (not my dealer, who just wants to sell me something) I discovered that many "normal" attachments won't work well on the 3PH because of the lift height. I was all set to by a KK used blade and had to switch to a new Woods RBC so it would lift properly. Even then I had to reverse the pins on the blade to make it fit better on the Cat.1.
I'm very pleased with the machine, but I'm already secretly thinking BIGGER.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I went with a Land Pride RTR0550 for my BX2660 as LP and Woods are my preference.

I doubt however that given your use that you will have any regrets buying a KK or other more economically priced tiller.

My preference is reverse rotation, but I am far from an expert on this.

MacGyver

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" MMM, 60" Plow
Nov 6, 2010
Ohio
Thanks for everyone's input! I ended up going with a LP RTR0550. A local LP dealer had a slightly used demo one with the same warranty as a new one and it was only $1500 compared to a brand new one for $2185. I got it home today hooked it up and tilled my neighbors garden (gonna break ground on my new one this weekend). I'm absolutely content with the way it performed. I left my 60" MMM on and tilled in 4wd and low gear; it was like the tiller wasn't even there :)