Bx2360 fuel Gage accuracy?

Ancbill

Equipment
Bx2360, 54" mmm, BX2750D snowblower, RB0560 rear blade, psycho border collie
Dec 17, 2011
Anchorage, ak
So I filled up the tank and been running my snowblower for about 6 hours now, the Gage read half a tank left. I'm clearing the runout area of my switch back, which is "relatively" flat, when all of a sudden it starts to die on me. I run and get more diesel and put in approx 4 gallons, maybe slightly more, say 4.5. This took the level clean up to the filler hole.

So shouldn't the Gage have read 1/4, or am I asking for to much?

On a good note, I'm getting #1 diesel for $3.45 a gallon.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
The only fuel gauge I innately trust is a visual inspection of the tank.

There is so much variance in gauge design and quality that there is a learning curve to each gauge. Some gauges are predictable enough that with a little time you can learn what gauge position denotes what actual level in the tank. Most gauges on equipment and power sports that I've come across are completely worthless. On motorcycles I would use the trip meter as the primary fuel measure and confirm that with a visual inspection. For example my Nighthawk went on reserve pretty consistently at 120 miles and would run on reserve til about 150. After 100 I'd stop at the next gas station I came across. I've never tried the same trick with an hour meter but I'd bet it works pretty well making allowances for engine loading.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Bill I know my 2360 on a hill will show empty and get onthe level it will show half,, so when I get around a half a tank I stop and fill,, and it will take about 3 gallons at half on the gage.. These criters are real good on fuel but working it hard like that it will suck up the juice. Like the man said the only good gauge is peaking in the tank

Ancbill

Equipment
Bx2360, 54" mmm, BX2750D snowblower, RB0560 rear blade, psycho border collie
Dec 17, 2011
Anchorage, ak
Thanks guys kind of what I figured, nice to get confirmation.

OrangeRidge

Jul 10, 2010
Queensland Australia
Every three hours ( 11 litres or so ...... ) I fill it up again.
The tank's a weird shape , and I think its 25 litre capacity
is theoretical when it come to using all the fuel load .............

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
Call me old fashioned, but the only guage I trust on a tractors fuel tank is a stick.

Of course I grew up driving tractors that had a mechanical oil guage and if you were lucky a working ammeter, (no tachs either).

Robert

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Call me old fashioned, but the only guage I trust on a tractors fuel tank is a stick.

Of course I grew up driving tractors that had a mechanical oil guage and if you were lucky a working ammeter, (no tachs either).

Robert
Been there, done that and sometimes still do.