BX2350D HST Fan and starting problem

Peter22

Jan 3, 2015
UK
Hi All

I discovered a week or so ago that the HST cooling fan had become disconnected from the flange on the con rod, and was just waving in the breeze. The bolts holding it on had come out.

So, with help from various forum posts, I refixed it, had to hoist the engine up and forward a little, on my model there is no second plate at the back of the engine so no chance of getting the fan bolted back without moving the engine forward a bit....I know this is a time saver on some models.

Incidentally the new fan distorted big time after very little torque, when I bolted it on, so I ended up just reusing the old fan which seems to be a harder plastic. I don't know if anyone from Kubota watches this forum but there may be a quality issue here.

So engine back, (did all the oil changes, new fan belt, new fuel filters etc, while I was there) and I took it for a short test drive while stripped down....no seat, plastic transmission cowling, floor plate etc. All worked fine. In fact better than before because the forward back pedal had been very sloppy and I replaced the link at the end of the actuator rod, which was very worn.

Then, I put the floor, orange plastic transmission cover and seat back, and now it just won't start. I am guessing it is an interlock problem, but I just can't track it down. I didn't knowingly touch or change anything electrical while I was rebuilding.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
There a bunch of interlocks that could have been bumped. There is a video On YouTube that goes over every no start interlock switch on the BX. Here is the video have a look.

As an aside I thought about using blue lock tight on my new fan. I hope Im not doing this again soon as well.

https://youtu.be/EBES94ybcb4

Last edited:

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Check your hst pedal safety switch. Mine wouldn't start the other day, bumped it by mistake and it started. I mention this because you said that you worked on the pedal.

Peter22

Jan 3, 2015
UK
Thanks to both...it was the PTO interlock...a bit of the wiring was wedged in front of the interlock, keeping it on. Easily fixed...