BX2230 MASSIVE Diesel leak

ysgi

Equipment
bx2230
Oct 22, 2017
Pittsburgh
My 2005 BX 2230 leaked about 2 gallons of diesel before I noticed the loss of fuel.
After some diagnosing, I found that where the fuel lines connect to the injection pump, the connection is loose, not at the rubber hose, but the nut that holds the assembly together. It's hard to explain. I hope my pic explains it. Everything in the yellow circle is finger loose. But the 2-step bolt in the orange diamond seems like it could fix the problem if I tighten it, but there is a smaller bold 'inside' it that seems like some sort of adjustment.
580 hours, 12 years and this is the FIRST time I've had any issues like this at all.
Can anyone comment on if I can just tighten this bolt without issue.

Thanks,

ysgi

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My 2005 BX 2230 leaked about 2 gallons of diesel before I noticed the loss of fuel.
After some diagnosing, I found that where the fuel lines connect to the injection pump, the connection is loose, not at the rubber hose, but the nut that holds the assembly together. It's hard to explain. I hope my pic explains it. Everything in the yellow circle is finger loose. But the 2-step bolt in the orange diamond seems like it could fix the problem if I tighten it, but there is a smaller bold 'inside' it that seems like some sort of adjustment.
580 hours, 12 years and this is the FIRST time I've had any issues like this at all.
Can anyone comment on if I can just tighten this bolt without issue.

Thanks,

ysgi
that is your bleed screw - if/when you ever need to bleed the air out of the system, you would break that open with throttle wide open!

Tighten 'er up - and you will be good to go!;):)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There are really two things to make sure are tight. The larger nut needs to be tightened up. The bolt is already probably tight.

To bleed it you hold the large nut and loosen the bolt. When done hold large nut tighten bolt.

There are crush washers on both sides of the banjo fitting (where fuel line attaches). You may need to replace them if it doesn't stop leaking.

Any idea of what happened to get it loosened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk