BX2230 lowering speed knob

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
I just got a one owner BX2230. I can not turn the 3-point Hitch lowering speed knob.
Now do I push in and turn?
Do I pull out and then turn?
Or it just should turns as is?
How do I know which way to turn it as I do not know if it in fast or lock.
I have only done hand pressure - Have not put vise grips on it - yet!
Now when I pushed the Hydraulic control lever down the arms go down - which I think means it is not lock . If this is true then it would turn clock-wise.

I just do not want to screw this up.

Any help would be great.

Thanks to all.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
It won't move if you have weight on it.

Try lowering the 3 PH all the way to the bottom and then see if the knob will turn.

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
It's threaded RH to close LH to open just like a regular bolt. It may have been turned open so far and hard it's stuck. Or it may be stuck in the open position so long without moving. You need to screw it in and out on occasion to keep it free. Some guys have sprayed penetration oil on them to free it up. Try that and see if that gets it moving.

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
My thanks to GWD & Toyboy for your post and help. I have it fixed now. I had to take the seat off to put a new one on and then could see where the rod went. Sprayed it but had to start it a little at a time with Vise-Grips. It is now working fine. It has never been used since it was new in 2005. The first owner told me he did not know what it was for. O'well so much for that.

David Pidgeon
New Haven, Vermont:)