BX2200 Flywheel dilemma

Dirt Mover

Jan 9, 2014
Delaware
I am a bit confused here. I removed the flywheel to check for an oil leak. The flywheel has index marks for TDC and degrees. I can find no alignment match marks for the flywheel and crank. So, reinstalling the flywheel will be random position in relation to the crankshaft nullifying the marks on the flywheel for any useful purpose. what are your thoughts on this? Do you know something about matchup that I am missing?
Dirt Mover

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I am a bit confused here. I removed the flywheel to check for an oil leak. The flywheel has index marks for TDC and degrees. I can find no alignment match marks for the flywheel and crank. So, reinstalling the flywheel will be random position in relation to the crankshaft nullifying the marks on the flywheel for any useful purpose. what are your thoughts on this? Do you know something about matchup that I am missing?
Dirt Mover
I do not know the answer...but since I also have a BX2200, I am really curious about this.

I have a work shop manual, which I should dig out and see if it mentions anything. No time today though...

Come to think of it, I believe that kubotabooks.com has a BX22 work shop manual you can download. If so, check it out. Same tractor as the BX2200 as far as I know, since they were sold at the same time.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Don't know about your model, but the B7100 has one bolt slightly off from the rest of the pattern- hardly enough to see, but enough to screw up the threads if forced on wrong.
NIW can attest to this. Someone did it to a B7100 that we/I/he bought a while back.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Dirt Mover
There are no marks to line it up, you should have marked it before disassembly. One hole is drilled at a different spacing than the other five holes.
Put the flywheel one with one bolt finger tight, try to start the other five using just your fingers. If all five easily start and screw in, you have it on correctly. If one does not screw in, move the flywheel one hole, and try again. DO NOT TRY TO FORCE THE BOLTS IN!

Reactions: 1 users

Dirt Mover

Jan 9, 2014
Delaware
Whitetiger,
That is exactly what I did. thank you for the confirmation. Regarding match marking before disassembly, I normally make it a practice to do that. In this case I let the repair manual influence me and I failed to do so. I was surprised that I did not find any witness marks considering the criticality of alignment.
Thank you
Dirt Mover

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Whitetiger,
That is exactly what I did. thank you for the confirmation. Regarding match marking before disassembly, I normally make it a practice to do that. In this case I let the repair manual influence me and I failed to do so. I was surprised that I did not find any witness marks considering the criticality of alignment.
Thank you
Dirt Mover
Right when you need them the most............(y)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
one hole is drilled differently

it can't be installed "off", well it can....you get 5 bolt holes lined up and one won't, so you automatically think my goodness they drilled the hole off, force it in with the assault ratchet and call it good....and then u either bust the bolt or the threads in the crank get fubar.

Rotate the flywheel on the crankshaft until all six holes line up properly and you can screw the bolts in all 6 by hand

small block ford's are exactly the same and sometimes it can get confusing, requiring a couple tries to get the one hole to line up