bx2200 3point doesnt work,real slow

jta500

Equipment
bx2200
May 15, 2016
pinconning mi
I'm new to the forum and new to Kubota and subcompacts. Some history. I bought the bx2200 years ago after being in a fire. I worked on it off and on(mostly off) for years and finally got it going. I had the tranny resealed by a Kubota mechanic during the rebuild. The 3 point hitch didn't rise at 1st then moved the 3 hoses around on the fel and the 3p worked. When I removed the fel the 3p didn't work. Then I put a 1 jumper hose where the fel hoses go and the 3 point worked,,,but slower. Then it got a lot slower. Did I blow a seal when I was experimenting with the fel hoses and jumper hose? Where is the seal and how difficult to change? Thanks in advance for your time. BTW the machine is great... only regret is taking so long to fix it. The loader works great. It will lift front tires off the ground with ease. I have moved and leveled 100 ton of crushed concrete with it in the last week.

Last edited:

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
I would first re-mount the FEL and see if it is still working normally. If it does work as before, you know there is something in the way you're connecting that jumper that is causing your problem.

Those BX models could come new with a couple of slightly different hose configurations. Also, being that it's an older tractor that has had repairs, it may not be exactly factory stock any more.

Hopefully your actions so far have not done any harm. At this point, why don't you ring up that Kubota mechanic ? If he's any sort of decent fella, he'll be happy to explain specifically how the jumper should be connected on your BX.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Try revving up the engine and try the FEL and 3PH. Those little tractors have a small hydraulic pump and need some oomph to speed things up.

Also, when the three FEL hydraulic hoses are unhooked to remove the FEL, two of them have to be hooked together into a loop. It is obvious which ones since the connections will only work one way.

The female on the tractor side is simply plugged and not part of the loop. There should be a rubber plug to put in to keep dirt and junk out.

Southernson

Jan 30, 2017
fla
L5030. Slow 3 point

My 3 point hitch is going up really slow
I could at one time drive it down in a ditch
And pull and push the handel back and forth
And it would run
normal for a while
But that stopped working now i have to rev up the engine to make it go up
Hydo pump checks out
Anyone with an idea
If be told theres a value under the seat that could be the problem

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Re: L5030. Slow 3 point

My 3 point hitch is going up really slow
I could at one time drive it down in a ditch
And pull and push the handel back and forth
And it would run
normal for a while
But that stopped working now i have to rev up the engine to make it go up
Hydo pump checks out
Anyone with an idea
If be told theres a value under the seat that could be the problem
The valve under the seat is for lowering the 3PH. It is so you implement doesn't crash when it descends.

My understanding is that it does not affect the lift.

Try this: Lift the lower arms by hand with the tractor off. They should lift fairly easily. That would eliminate any question of binding.

If you have a FEL, how does that function? If it was recently removed and reinstalled, check the fittings by disconnecting and reconnecting them.

Does the power steering work easily? How was the hydraulic pump evaluated?

Last thing off the top of my head, check the hydraulic fluid level. A little bit low and things can change dramatically.