BX1870 Tail Lights Not Working

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
How you check the fuses? Continuity ? Ohm meter? or site?

Check the bulbs the same way?

Check the ground wire(s) that those rears attach to frame?

HoustonBX

Equipment
BX 1870
Feb 6, 2019
Houston, TX, USA
I checked for continuity and by sight. I grounded to the Hazard ground (since the hazard work) and checked power to tail lights.

That said, I was hoping to start with the fuse and can't seem to find out exactly which fuse (if any) powers the tail lights.

Last edited:

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Not sure if you've check that the bullet connectors are actually mated? I had one tail light out after the last time I plowed snow. Turned out to be a loose connection.
Troubleshooting electric problems can be aggravating.
Do you have a workshop manual? If not, I'll try to get a picture posted, unless someone else beats me to it.
Good luck.

HoustonBX

Equipment
BX 1870
Feb 6, 2019
Houston, TX, USA
Not sure if you've check that the bullet connectors are actually mated? I had one tail light out after the last time I plowed snow. Turned out to be a loose connection.
Troubleshooting electric problems can be aggravating.
Do you have a workshop manual? If not, I'll try to get a picture posted, unless someone else beats me to it.
Good luck.
Yes, checked the connections. Also tested the wiring going in to the tail light (no power)

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I trace it to the hazard fuse, 15a.
If the hazards are working, there must be a break in the wiring, bad connection in the tail light wiring, or defective switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

HoustonBX

Equipment
BX 1870
Feb 6, 2019
Houston, TX, USA
I trace it to the hazard fuse, 15a.
If the hazards are working, there must be a break in the wiring, bad connection in the tail light wiring, or defective switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks! I have seen this but frankly I'm not sure i'm reading it right. I thought that the Hazards were only sharing the ground with the tail lights...at least that's what it looked like to me. I now see in the WSM that is appears that the Headlight do in fact share the fuse with the Tail Lights so now I'm sure that it's either the lines between the head and tail light or a switch going to the tail light... Plenty more stuff to try..

Thanks

Last edited:

HoustonBX

Equipment
BX 1870
Feb 6, 2019
Houston, TX, USA
If you don't have the Workshop Manual for your tractor it can be downloaded for free using the link below. It appears that manual comes in three parts.... Part 3 has the electrical system.

http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/

Just curious, did you check both bulbs?

Thanks! I was looking for this (and didn't want to pay $25)! :)

I didn't check both bulbs only one. I pulled the power connection and grounded my tester to the hazard ground (since i know the hazards work) and tested the power lead...

The WSM gives me plenty of trouble shooting info....so more stuff to try...

much appreciated!

Last edited:

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I’m certainly no expert, but it appears that way to me. Hopefully someone here that is experienced with reading wiring diagrams will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro