BX1500 stalling after taking out of neutral

Steveatusl

Equipment
BX1500
Jun 16, 2018
Littleton, Colorado
Just replace fuel filters and now it seems that tractor dies after taking out of neutral. I tried bleeding system by turning on ignition for 30 seconds before starting but no luck.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I do not know your specific tractor but believe its engine stop solenoid is powered on for 10 seconds to stop the engine. The solenoid is located on the injection pump.

My suggestion, once the engine is running, is to un-plug the solenoid and then try putting the tractor in gear. If it does not stalls then this is informative.

I am trying to rule out any electrical cause for your symptoms.

Dave

Steveatusl

Equipment
BX1500
Jun 16, 2018
Littleton, Colorado
Turns out the engine stopping after putting in gear was an issue with the seat switch.
I've been trying to fix engine stalling and rough running under load for about a year. I changed fuel filters (both) for I think the third time in six months and the tractor is purring like a kitten. I have been told that the filter design and filter quality is poor, so I guess this proves the point. If you have a rough running, low power under load condition, it might be worth replacing fuel filters even when it doesn't seem warranted.

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
I have a BX1800 with the same filters. Last year, I added an after market filter kit that deletes the two smaller filters and adds a large filter to the side of the machine. It has been a great upgrade and changing the filter is very easy now as you don't have to crawl under the tractor or remove the MMM to change the lower filter.