BX with Grapple and Sabre Samurai

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
Hello all....

I've had my BX for about three years now and love it. I use it for mowing (with MMM and rotary) primarily. I was using the FEL to help clear out honeysuckle and multi-flora rose. Well, I decided to upgrade to the landpride grapple to make things easier (they are installing it this week-pick up Friday) with brush piles and even scrap metal piles.

So, while at the dealer, I was looking at a 5' sickle mower, but I don't think it will be heavy enough for my intentions (plus the fact it was 3K). I looked on line and found the Sabre Samurai ( http://www.cutthat.com/ ). Not alot of information on the web regarding it but I called the company and decided it might be for me. (They advised they are upgrading their website and information on it). It uses hydraulic system instead of PTO. Since the Grapple needs a front connection (in the kit with valve) I will now have a connection up front for the Sabre Samurai. WOOHOO! The BX....Swiss Army tractor. I can't wait for Friday....

Does anyone on here have the Sabre Samurai already? I will be using it to cut the growth on about 7 miles of trails on my farm in WV. Grant (rep from SS) says that it should be a perfect match for my BX.

Steve

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
grapple was around 1900.00 installed (had to get the Kubota QD FEL bracket as well)

Sabre was 1535.00 shipped

I can't wait to try them out.

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
So, did it arrive? Chance to use it yet?

Need something to deal with "encroaching" trees, and some rougher "lawn".

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
Got them both and they work as advertised. I LOVE the grapple. It's on more than the bucket.

When I got home with the grapple there was a huge (16" limbs) poplar tree blocking my road up the hill. 30 minutes of chain saw and away I went. I picked up 6' sections of tree to make quick work of it.

I want to make a specific mount for the sabre samurai. More on that in a few...

Steve