BX ROPS Options

KubotaLuver

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, LP Box Scraper
Nov 5, 2018
Red Bluff, CA
Hey guys. First time poster, long time stalker.
I have just bought a BX2380 with a FEL and LP Boxscraper. I logged 10 hours on it the first weekend with moving dirt and leveling my back yard.
I love everything about this tractor, with one exception, the ROPS. Wife will not let me take it off, and I understand. My issue with it is that I am 6'6" and when I am backing up and go over stuff, I come close to hitting my head on the ROPS since they are straight up from the back of the seat(sorta).
Will the ROPS from the BX23S fit on the normal BX2380? They are nice and wide for the backhoe operator. Seem like it would be a better fit for me.
Would love to hear your advice. Thanks in advance.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Does that ROPS not bend at pivot? The BX2370 would bend back and down -
And as for those two tractors, the only thing the BX23s has is a hoe, so I would imagine that the rops would swap out too. Call the dealer and see.

Looking at pictures on the net - 23s are 2 pieces

and the 2380's are 2 pieces

seems to be a different pivot point however.

https://www.kubotausa.com/images/default-source/product-images/bx23.png?sfvrsn=ba2851a8_2

https://assets.machinerypete.com/uploads/image/processed_image/5339441/full_size_img.axd

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Not tying to steal this thread from you but I have a 2370 with the wide ROPS which to me just looks and works better I feel, but Iv also seen 2370’s with the less wide ROPS as well with a hindge that is higher up. Now my 2370 never had a backhoe so why does it have the wider ROPS? Iv also seen 2380’s with both the wide ROPS - low hindge as well as ones with the skinner ROPS - high hinge.. what exactly makes the difference of the ROPS on these models? What designates the tractor to have either one of these ROPS? I get that when it comes with a backhoe it will have the wider ROPS for more space but why would mine then have the same ROPS as well as others I have seen when they never had a backhoe ordered with their unit?

KubotaLuver

Equipment
Nov 5, 2018
Red Bluff, CA
@NoBiffBetter, thats exactly what I am talking about. Mine are the narrower ones. I want the wide ones like the ones you have. I just knocked my head the other day looking back and going over a small bump. Bar is just too close to me.
@85Hokie, I will have to go back to my dealer and see if he can order me the other style of ROPS. They do still hinge on mine. But thats not the issue.

Thanks for the reply guys. Gonna have to make some phone calls.

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
I have a 23S with the wide rops. If you need pictures of the attach point on the tractor I can take some and post them for comparison. It is dark here, so it will have to be tomorrow mid day before I can post them.
23S and 2380 are the same basic tractor so one could assume either should fit.

KubotaLuver

Equipment
Nov 5, 2018
Red Bluff, CA
I have a 23S with the wide rops. If you need pictures of the attach point on the tractor I can take some and post them for comparison. It is dark here, so it will have to be tomorrow mid day before I can post them.
23S and 2380 are the same basic tractor so one could assume either should fit.
@ Redbusdriver, thanks for the offer. I will get back to you on that. I am going to my Kubota dealer this weekend and see what he can recommend to me. He has both the 23S and the 2380 in stock. Hopefully I get this worked out. Should have did it when I bought it a month ago, but you live and learn.