BX mower step built by 11 year old

kiwiguy

Jul 12, 2016
Loomis, CA
Here is the video my 11 year old made showing how to build and install a step that attaches to the mid-mount 54” mowing deck of a BX25D. Minimal tools, materials or skills needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPcEAa-tNKg

He will have other videos showing him removing the backhoe, attaching the 3 point hitch and installing the QH05 quick hitch. He did everything himself and is the first time he ever did any of these things.

He would love any likes or subscribes. Apparently that’s a big thing these days.

Thanks
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Getting the kids into the shop and teaching them and letting them learn and do, is a wonderful thing,, Good on ya mate

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
awesome..... Saw the Back Hoe removal video as well.... annnnnnnnnd... I would recommend much heavier shoes or boots when dealing with heavy equipment such as you BX. Especially not Crocks as your Son had or barefoot like your daughter was.

PS- happen to work with kids and have to deal with safety daily thus my eyes are little more tuned to look for such stuff.

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Great to see him working with his hands and beaming with pride for his accomplishments!

Get him some safety glasses for the drilling. Had a small bit break and a piece impaled itself in my safety glasses. Lesson learned!