BX Fuel Filter Replacement/Relocation - - - Part LV

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
There's easily been 55 BX fuel filter replacement/relocation threads.

I've read most of them over the last week or so.

Almost time to change mine again.

Except for a diesel shower/cologne application, I haven't had an issue with the rear "bugger".

That said, I'd like to make an improvement this time.

Some have done:
  1. Racor relocation. Amazon.com : Racor Element Assy.-4120r 120AT : Boat Fuel Filters : Sports & Outdoors
  2. Paul Short's relocation kit. Specialty Repairs Custom Mods
  3. botaproducts.com relocation bolt-on kit. Botaproducts - Kubota BX, Tie Rod Boots,fuel Filter,pressure Kit | botaproducts (bxtractorparts.com)
  4. Home-brewed/Homemade relocation. What parts did you use?
I'm leaning toward the botaproducts version, as it appears to have both a filter and water separator and replaces both in-line filters? Does it replace both?

I have seen Paul and Kathy (Wildfire's) version, but I think there's issues shipping to/from Canada?

Any other things I've missed or should look for?

If you've done a relocation, any part #'s, hose sizing, shut-offs, or any other details would be great.

Maybe we can consolidate some of those LV (55) threads into one.....

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I do believe there's a similar RTV conversion, or a conversion that uses RTV parts.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm leaning toward the botaproducts version, as it appears to have both a filter and water separator and replaces both in-line filters? Does it replace both?

RCW - I think it is completely up to you as to whether you still use the filter NEAR the engine.
I used the RACOR method - during the spring last year I decided to take the "diesel bath."
It was not too bad - I had all my goodies ready to go too.

New 5/16" - 8mm fuel line - ordered a ten foot section - used about 5 feet as I recall.
Bought some
5/16 barbed elbows - got a 5 pack cheaper than I could buy a single one -almost!
Bought some fuel line hose clamps - did not want to use the "normal" clamps
Bought some 1/4 - 5/16
barbed adaptors too.

1613341582049.png
1613340681466.png
1613341536224.png

Any other things I've missed or should look for?

Getting the length correct and the routing correct was my biggest headache,
I left the pump up under - but did unhook it from the OEM place and moved it to another spot that would allow the fuel to come BACK to it a little more inline with the new hoses.

I also placed the 8 mm cutoff 1/4 turn ball valve RIGHT before the fuel entered the filter.
SO the next time I change the filter - cut fuel off, drain filter and then spin off - new on, open air valve and open valve.......

1613341091128.png

If you've done a relocation, any part #'s, hose sizing, shut-offs, or any other details would be great.

Maybe we can consolidate some of those LV (55) threads into one.....

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I bought the Kubota filter unit that Boca uses from local Kubota dealer, the filter is 1/2 the price of the normal BX one.....
Once Summer comes, I'll do the install as I have to tear the fender off to replace the busted 3PH stuff when removing the tank last month.....

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I bought the Kubota filter unit that Boca uses from local Kubota dealer, the filter is 1/2 the price of the normal BX one.....
Once Summer comes, I'll do the install as I have to tear the fender off to replace the busted 3PH stuff when removing the tank last month.....
I guess after about 17 years I should consider changing my original fuel filters on my BX2200 for the first time.

Do not think at this rate I need to move away from original. I do get the desire to improve though...

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I guess after about 17 years I should consider changing my original fuel filters on my BX2200 for the first time.

Do not think at this rate I need to move away from original. I do get the desire to improve though...
It took me 7 years ...... and I never had a problem with the OEM filters either!!!!!

Just wanted to be like the "jones" and wanted to be able to see "stuff" if stuff ends up in the filter!!!

Getting too old to climb under just to "SEE"

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
for the exta couple bucks i just stick with the kubota filters because they are designed for the machines. If I cant get them for whatever reason then I'll go with Baldwin. No sense cheaping out on filters, your systems wont appreciate it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I think the botaproducts one uses Kubota mounts/filters?

Hard to tell from their website, but a picture or two clearly show a Kubota spin-on filter.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just an update.

I ordered the Kubota BX Fuel Filter Relocation Kit (bxtractorparts.com) offering and it was delivered today. Gosh, only took a couple days to show at my door.

It has the one filter and mount to replace the rear filter.

It's a neat kit, and the instructions are a bunch of detailed clear, color photos with annotations of a BX23S.

It's essentially a Racor-like program, but uses a Kubota mount and filter.

The kit has all hose pre-cut with fittings and clamps ready to go. Also has loom to run everything in, as well as well zip ties as needed.

The kit came with the Kubota filter box for reference when it's time for a new filter.

Could I have done this without the kit?? Sure I could have.

For me to figure out the routing, fittings, etc., and then out-source all the parts, takes time. I don't have a lot of free time.

I think it's a good option for $200. So far, I'm pretty happy with it...pretty good kit.

I hope to put it on between snow and mowing seasons this spring.....sometimes that's only 2 weeks.. so we'll see.

I will likely add a shut-off in the line before the lift pump, as well as fabricate some kind of "shield" in front of the filter as others have done.

C712416C-8E61-4659-80AB-00EA34D5461C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I will likely add a shut-off in the line before the lift pump,
The Kubota filter assembly you have in the picture has a shut-off built into it.
What do the instructions show to do with the small bleed-off port?