BX Front mount Snowblower?

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Had 8-10 inches and it blew the snow great. I had greased the base of the shoot and it worked flawless. I did break the fan shear bolt and that took a min to fix and I need to get more.

Here is a quick video using mine

http://youtu.be/ZUwvey3EJZo

Last edited:

Ancbill

Equipment
Bx2360, 54" mmm, BX2750D snowblower, RB0560 rear blade, psycho border collie
Dec 17, 2011
Anchorage, ak
I just cleared 12 inches of powder, yesterday it was 6 inches. I'm on my third season with my 2750d and it is still operating great. I do keep up on the chain oil and other grease fittings.

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
I spray my chain with motorcycle chain lube. It stays on and I only have to do it twice a season. Once to begin and 2nd time about Feb.

northcop

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 11, 2013
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Further to my previous post, I second the "buy shear bolts" comment. Buy a bunch of them as soon as you get your blower and tuck them away somewhere. Just broke one yesterday on my auger and guess what I can't find anywhere in my lovely city. Lesson learned the hard way here!

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Just got home from the dealer and got 12 of each shear bolt and some toy tractors for my boys. And looked at some tractors with factory cabs with heat and AC very tempting.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
Further to my previous post, I second the "buy shear bolts" comment. Buy a bunch of them as soon as you get your blower and tuck them away somewhere. Just broke one yesterday on my auger and guess what I can't find anywhere in my lovely city. Lesson learned the hard way here!
I second that.

I had that problem with my Ariens last year.

When I bought my snowblower I bought 6 extra auger bolts and 3 impeller bolts.
I think the unit cam with 3 or 4 as well.

I should be all set for a while.

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
I broke a shear pin last night.
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

It's been 2 days out and 1 broken pin.

Other than the shear pin it's a monster. I love it.

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
I broke two sheers the second time out. Piece of wood caught in the fan. Second was a 12"x12" aluminum diamond plate I sucked up broke an auger sheer. They did what they are supposed to. Rather a pin than the gear box or....

Loving my bx and snowblower. Been cleaning the neighbors driveways too. :D

I fabricated my own power chute rotator. Window motor, adapter, bracket, switch and wire.

Jefferson

Equipment
L3200 fel, Bx 2380 fel,60"deck,50"fm snowblower,50"tiller, Brush hog
Oct 14, 2011
West Michigan, USA
I've had my front mount blower since 2004 and have only sheared maybe 6 bolts. A shovel buried in snow took out a couple of them!:eek:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I posted this on the "What have you done..." thread.

No shear bolts gone yet!

That's my backyard - the dog's gotta go, too.

Attachments

Stan Wetmore

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, and loader and front snowblower
Jan 17, 2013
Saint John, NB Canada
We had about 8-10 inches of snow with high winds yesterday. I have a 50" front blower and it works well. However all I did was touch the railroad tie in the front garden that was buried in snow and it broke an auger shear bolt. I replaced it with one that came with it and as soon as I was done with the snow, called up the dealer to get me a bunch of them. There is no dealer in town so he shipped some down to me. I have only had the tractor and blower since January of this year and this is the first shear bolt that I broke and it was from hitting a very large piece of wood. I figured that I would get a bunch just to make sure they are here if needed.
Stan

Farmallguy

Equipment
BX2360 w/54" deck & Back blade
Oct 8, 2014
Silver lake, MN
Well I can't wait to try out my new BX 5455 HD snowblower they just released this fall. should be very interesting and that extra 5 inches should help in clearing my large driveway and yard area!

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I put my snowblower on my bx25d it's the b2750d and I had one loose and one missing set screw on the large gear going out to the auger. I had replaced both set screws last year same issue and they were blue loctite also. Thank god when the keyway slides out it hits the cover so it hasn't ruined anything yet. It ran out of warranty this September but if it happens again dealer would check out for me. Anyone else have this issue they told me they haven't had issue with it. Getting ready it's crappie out now expected 6-12 by morning. I put two set screws in each hole and its like double nutting a bolt with blue loctite.

Last edited: