BX Buckets

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Hey Everyone,

I have a question for those of you familiar with Kubota BX loaders. Is the pin diameter and location the same on the buckets on LA203 and LA243 loaders? I have heard that the LA243 has longer arms and brackets on the tractors, but wasn't sure about the bucket mounting points.
What I'm trying to do is find some way of dropping the bucket so I can mount my post hole auger closer to the pins and closer to the tractor centerline, which would make it more stable. There's a company in Wisconsin that makes a quick-attachment adaptor for LA243 buckets but we're not sure if it will work on my BX1850.
If I have to, I'll build something, but I'm finding myself short in spare time . . .:rolleyes:

Thanks for any input you might have.

magicheater

Equipment
B26, B7800, Auto Tach-N-Go
Hey Everyone,

I have a question for those of you familiar with Kubota BX loaders. Is the pin diameter and location the same on the buckets on LA203 and LA243 loaders? I have heard that the LA243 has longer arms and brackets on the tractors, but wasn't sure about the bucket mounting points.
What I'm trying to do is find some way of dropping the bucket so I can mount my post hole auger closer to the pins and closer to the tractor centerline, which would make it more stable. There's a company in Wisconsin that makes a quick-attachment adaptor for LA243 buckets but we're not sure if it will work on my BX1850.
If I have to, I'll build something, but I'm finding myself short in spare time . . .:rolleyes:

Thanks for any input you might have.
They are different.

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Ok, thanks. I've now ordered the 3-pt mount for my hydraulic auger. I'll deal with the loader bucket mount at some other time. I'm digging in sand here, so I won't need the extra ground pressure.