bx 80 series third valve

scott10732

Equipment
bx23s landpride
Dec 12, 2018
Osceola Indiana united states
Im new to this so here we go. Is the landpride 3rd valve kit as good as the kubota 3rd valve kit. My dealer is saying the landpride is the way to go i plan on getting my new bx 23s later this week any advice would be great before i sign the papers

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I was under the impression LandPride did not make 3rd function kits that Kubota made. It's one or the other for a particular model of tractor. Then there is the option of WR Long, which many dealers also sell/install.

I bought the Kubota kit because I wanted to be absolutely sure it all fit as needed without any running around to make it right. But more importantly, I wanted steel lines going to the front on the loader arms, not hose.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I have the Kubota one on my BX23S. It is a diverter valve, not a true 3rd function valve. Not sure if the Landpride is a diverter, or a 'real' one.

That being said, once you get the hang of the diverter, it works really well. :)

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Isn't Land Pride part of Kubota now anyway? I can't give info/opinion on the LP kit as I haven't seen one, but the Kubota kit fits perfectly, the control buttons are designed and fit in like they were factory built. The wiring for the stick diverter button is inside the stick so no exposed wiring. The valve itself is well protected with skid plates all around. There is even a wiring breakaway for when you remove the loader. I posted pictures in another thread when I had my dealer add in the kit.

Not sure this is actually true, but I was told the BX series will run short of flow if you try a true third function by using the backhoe circuit to control a grapple.

As Tractor Dell says, once you develop the muscle memory/hand eye coordination or whatever you want to call it, working a grapple with a diverter valve is fast & easy.

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Two more things to think about on your new BX:

The loader bucket comes in two flavors, pin on and skid steer quick coupler. The pin on gives you about 100 lbs more bucket capacity, the QC makes changing out for a grapple very quick & easy. I'm not moving lead ingots around, so I went the QC route.

Your dealer will have you decide what type of couplers to use for the 3rd function connections. I initially went with flat face as the rest of the tractor uses them. I quickly realised the trapped pressure in one line made hooking up one of the grapple couplers near impossible. I switched to Pioneer couplers for my grapple and while they are slightly messy, hooking up is easy. I'm an older guy and do not have the grunt to force a tight flat face connector on. Maybe you are Clark Kent, but it is something to consider!

scott10732

Equipment
bx23s landpride
Dec 12, 2018
Osceola Indiana united states
I ended up calling kubota customer service and they were able to contact my dealer. In the past I was told people waited months for a third valve but luckily they had them in stock at the Georgia factory. Thanks everyone for the input