BX 2360 won't shut down with the key

Delaware Devil

Equipment
bx2360, FEL, 60"mid mount mower, Woods 5' back blade
Jul 10, 2010
Felton, Delaware
I have to open the hood, reach in and move the solenoid arm manually to get it shut down. I've checked the fuses all good, and changed the solenoid. What next?? Is there a relay??
I was mowing the grass when it popped and died. I tried the key and it started right up. I finished cutting and put it back on the trailer and it wouldn't shut down. I'm an old trucker so I knew how to kill it by cutting the air off.
Any suggestions as to what to do??? Anyone else have this problem??
Thanks in advance for any help
Mark (Delaware Devil)

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
When you put the key to off the electric fuel pump should stop. I would try pulling the fuel pump fuse, if that doesn't shut it down it may be the switch. Does the throttle control the speed when the switch is in the off position. If not there were some threads about dpf engines having a problem with the crankcase vent sucking lube oil causing a runaway, not sure if that is possible on a BX without dpf. The WSM for BX2360s is available free at: http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/, and includes wiring diagrams.

Larry

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
nice link, WSMs sure have changed, looks nothing like my 2005 BX23 WSM, pictures and all, I'll use some of the newer model stuff to keep Kubella happy ....