Bucket and other stuff paint.

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
So while doing some "work" with my BX I noticed when I was dumping some wood chips that there is quite a bit of paint missing from the bottom of my bucket and I have lots of metal showing. (Probably due to my 80 hours of learning to get the bucket level. lol)

What is the general feeling of repainting it? Worth while or not?

I have a can of the magical kubota orange spray paint from the dealer.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Go ahead and paint it. If it makes you feel good about it, why not. That's a far cry from some users of tractors and equipment that leave them out in the weather, never paint again and mainly mistreat them. However the poor machines still keep going.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
If you are using your tractor, the new paint will come right off.

If the bare metal shows rust, that is an indicator you aren't using the tractor enough.

Bruce

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My loader is stored indoors, and most of the paint is off the bottom of the bucket.

No new paint here.....

MaleHoe

Equipment
Kubota B2620 TLB, JD X495
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
So while doing some "work" with my BX I noticed when I was dumping some wood chips that there is quite a bit of paint missing from the bottom of my bucket and I have lots of metal showing. (Probably due to my 80 hours of learning to get the bucket level. lol)

What is the general feeling of repainting it? Worth while or not?

I have a can of the magical kubota orange spray paint from the dealer.
Is it a "show" tractor for use in parades, or a "work" tractor. If work, don't waste your time and money.

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Save your paint for other areas that need touch ups. The bottom and inside of the bucket will get a lot of scrapes. There are those who will clean and repaint before storing their unit. Good idea for the mid mower or chips and scrapes. Paul Short paints his bucket every year before winterizing his machine.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
When I take the loader and backhoe off for the year end and install the snow blade, I touch up the bucket and backhoe. I use Van Lingen paint from North40. It's only $3.99 a can for aerosol, quarts are $9.99. I also used it to paint the land plane I made, so all my goodies are Kubota Orange. It's personal preference, but I like having nice looking and performing equipment.