Broken Craftsman Impact Wrench

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have an old Air Impact wrench, inherited from my dad, that has stopped working.
When connected to an air supply the tool runs continuously. I have determined that the Throttle valve has disintegrated :( (part number 130348) and now the bad news, the part is obsolete and no longer made.

While this is a craftsman tool I could try taking it to my local sears store, I don't want to loose this one, it is special to me (my dads name is engraved on it).

I just need the valve. I can't tell what the material the valve was made from, maybe a type of rubber?

Anyone have any idea where to look for a replacement or a way to fab up something to work?

TIA

kckndrgn

Equipment
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Thanks, not only does it still have the model number, I have the owners manual and original box it came in!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Post some pictures of the valve, some of us are pretty good at finding or making parts. ;)

kckndrgn

Equipment
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Figured someone would have noticed or mentioned it. It a Chicago pneumatic.
Cp is popular, and there used to be places that specialized in air tool repair. Perhaps a similar style in cp will have the same valve. My Napa impact is a Sioux if I recall. I probably have a couple in my box of decrepid old tools. In some cases the air valve parts were used in other tools like air hammers and drills.

I know of 2 shops that repaired air tools in my area. Bet if you started trolling you will find someone with a handful of the part you need.
I can see you have been searching, as you mentioned the guy that used an oil metering valve from a Mazda rotary engine.i saw that thread as well.

Last edited:

kckndrgn

Equipment
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Tooljunkie, I did notice it was a CP and tried looking on their site, but came up empty. I decided to contact them, I'll see what they say.