Broke my b6000

Lewis

Equipment
b6000
Mar 2, 2009
Massachusetts
While bringing in firewood in the FEL and descending a small hill I heard a crack and my Kubota sank down on the left front. I set the brake, got off and took a look. The axle housing had broken off right next to the big ball (must be a better name) that mounts the wheel gearcase, bending the axle as it went. My first problem is getting the tractor in from the field. It will not roll. The second is finding affordable parts. I am asking for suggestions on scrapyards, used parts or perhaps a member has a b6000 axle housing for sale. I don't understand why this happened, I have carried far heavier loads. Thanks for the help.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
While bringing in firewood in the FEL and descending a small hill I heard a crack and my Kubota sank down on the left front.
I don't understand why this happened, I have carried far heavier loads.
These are those day's where you want to go back to bed...
Believe me, we all had those day's and we know what you where feeling when you saw what happend.

Maybe the problem is your last sentence. I tried to get info's about the front axel, regarding it capacity how heavy the load can be. But no nothing...

carl

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
Ouch indeed. 284International and I just had a conversation on mytractorforum.com regarding front end stress on Yanmars. If you were going downhill and at an angle where all the weight was on the front right axle the extra force could make up for a light load. Especially with bumps involved.

If 284International didn't have help for you go check wkypt.com to see if they have a used front end. It'll be pricey, a few hundred bucks at least. Hopefully the gears area all happy and healthy inside too.

Best of luck.

Lewis

Equipment
b6000
Mar 2, 2009
Massachusetts
Ach, thanks for the interest. I was going downhill and at an angle. wkytp.com does have the part but at a price very close to the new price. 284 International gave me a very good lead and I made a call tonight. That axle housing is at the other end of the USA. Need to find out about shipping costs. Any other junk yard suggestions out there?

Lewis

Equipment
b6000
Mar 2, 2009
Massachusetts
The end of this story is that I got an axle shipped to me from the other end of the country and got it installed with the help of a few friends. It is heavy. Credit goes to 284 International who located the part, picked it up and delivered it to UPS for shipping to me. Luckily no snow yet in my neighborhood as I use this machine to keep my driveway clear. The steering seems stiff though I greased all the linkages and the steering knuckle. Any suggestions? Here is what it looked like last winter!
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4490&stc=1&d=1324147376

Attachments

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Good job, 284 International! It is one thing to build bonds here on the forum, it is a whole new level to go out of your way and help someone out!