brack help

james257

Equipment
zd25 b3030 b7800
Jul 4, 2009
jamesburg n.j.
i have a kubota m9000hd it feels like the brakes are on but thear not can annyone help??? may be its stuck i n 4wd when you put cluch in it stops like the brakes are no but thear not

Last edited:

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
It feels like the brakes are on?

A hydrostatic will move with the brakes locked but it squeals like a stuck pig. I have to assume that the pedals are in the up position and the brake lock lever is not in the forward position. If this is the case, the brakes are not "on" and whatever the problem you are having is not brake related unless it has been sitting in four feet of salt water for a period of time, for instance, or are locked at the wheels with frozen fresh water.

Can you describe what your machine is doing. Is it a problem moving or is it noise?

There is plenty of experience here but more information is needed for anyone to help. Try again.

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
may be its stuck i n 4wd when you put cluch in it stops like the brakes are no but thear not
So the tractor moves normally until you depress the clutch pedal and then it stops moving? Does the engine rpm change; does the engine bog down, or does it simply grind to a halt? If a tractor is on level ground and you depress the clutch, the tractor will stop because the drive line is disconnected from the engine, that's normal.

Could it be that something is in a bind all the time and when you depress the clutch, even on a hill, the engine power is no longer overcoming the issue and the tractor stops?

Jack it up (carefully) and see how the wheels rotate in neutral, in gear, clutch in or out. That may give you a clue?