Box Scraper

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
DAYUM!!!!!! I didn't think you would go into so much detail,,Guess today might be a good dy to head out to the scrap yards and look for some, stuff to start with.. Though the blade steel might be a little hard to come by,,,again all I can say is .... DAYUM!!! Thanks much
Well my man, it's there when you are ready.

Maybe, and I have no idea what the cost would be, but items like the blade can just be purchased from Gearmore. Reference the link for the owners manual.
The blades can be flipped as they are worn down. My blades are five years old and I really need to look into replacing them so I'll be finding out the cost soon.

The bolt holes in the blade are squared in the middle. When the bolt is in place this enables the nut to be tightened down and the bolt will not spin.

I was in the process of removing the blades when my wife told me dinner was ready. I'll finish the removal today and get the pictures added. For the heck of it I'll also find the angles of the side panels and post those to.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Wow, you are unbelievable~! You could build your own Air craft your own design~!!!:eek:

I never seen any one could do, or willing to do that much detailized~~~!!!

I'll buy you a cup of coffee...:D

Joe.
Thank you Joe, I'm just doing my part for you great peoples :D

I will take that coffee but your tractor is running out of room for stuff to bring :rolleyes:

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
First off, Scott you are the best,if a guy can't build a box blade from those pics he better hang up his welders helmet.Thanks a bunch. Joe, Yup I got that little tractor fixed. Over the years the bolts had worked loose that held the transmission.They were very hard to see let alone get to. So I took the transmission out with the frame work that surrounded it, made a few modifications so that there was more than just those 4 bolts holding it in place. It works far better than when we bought it about 2 yrs ago.The hydrostat is really smooth now. The wings on the blower, I just followed the slope on the top and bottom of the sides of the blower. When I had it done I stepped back and had a look and thought, this isn't going to work worth a hoot. I was wrong it works great It makes the blower wider than the tractor. I didn't think it would pick up the snow where the outsides of the rear tires went but it does pretty good. Also I have no problem backing in to steep drive way's like I did before the wings. The blower always hung up on the curbs. Now it doesn't. Glad you are not welding in any of those puddles.:D Dusty

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
The wings on the blower, I just followed the slope on the top and bottom of the sides of the blower. When I had it done I stepped back and had a look and thought, this isn't going to work worth a hoot. I was wrong it works great It makes the blower wider than the tractor. I didn't think it would pick up the snow where the outsides of the rear tires went but it does pretty good. Also I have no problem backing in to steep drive way's like I did before the wings. The blower always hung up on the curbs. Now it doesn't. Glad you are not welding in any of those puddles.:D Dusty
I knew you could fix that tractor without the sweat~!:D

I have attached pictures of my snow blower here and as you could see the bottom it has the gab. so when I make one path, it still leaves that much of snow on each side. So, if I try to clean the snow close to the building, I can't clean it well. 'cause of that wing, I can't go any closer than that wings width...:cool: I didn't try it as tilt forward that whole snow blower to keep that wing to scrape the ground yet but... I'm afraid of that auger would start scrape the ground itself...:cool:

What do you think? Shoud I leave it as is? or should I cut it out~~???

Thank you for your help again.

Joe.

Attachments

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Hi Joe. Is the blower itself without the wings wider than your rear tires. If it is then I would get rid of those wings in a hurry.:D Dusty
Tractor and actual blower itself both are 48" wide. so even if I get rid of wings in a hurry, nothing to worry.:cool:

So, you think I should get rid of that wing, Huh?

Should I use angle grinder to cut it off? or Is there something different way to do it~ ???

Or~~~ on second thought, Should I weld on some extra blade or something to fill that gab to keep it as 5 1/2 feet wide?

What should I do~?!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Joe.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Tractor and actual blower itself both are 48" wide. so even if I get rid of wings in a hurry, nothing to worry.:cool:

So, you think I should get rid of that wing, Huh?

Should I use angle grinder to cut it off? or Is there something different way to do it~ ???

Or~~~ on second thought, Should I weld on some extra blade or something to fill that gab to keep it as 5 1/2 feet wide?

What should I do~?!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Joe.
Well buddy pal, nice wings :p

Looking at the pictures and reading your problem you are ending up with about 3 to 4 inches of snow under the wing. Is that right?

If you would like to keep the wings than you could probably get some metal and weld an extension on the bottom. Sort of like cow catchers on old steam engine trains. The picture is just for idea. Most likely the leading edge would need to be blunt. Also you would need to do more of a miter angle cut on the side coming off the wing due to the angle going at the snow.

But, I would begin with ideas like this picture and go from there with your ideas.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I say keep the wing and fill the gaps with a few hunks of thick rubber to fill in the voids. It would be one thing if the blower is wider then the rear of the tractor and if you were moving a dense material such as dirt. But its just wet, light and fluffy snow. Add some rubber to it so you dont tear up anything if you happen to find a curb or a building.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yes sir after staring and pondering I think if you took a thick hunk of rubber kinda like a 1/2 inch thick rubber matt and made a cut edge along the bottom near the augger and the sides of the wings you'll be just fine and wont have to cut off a thing!

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Yes sir after staring and pondering I think if you took a thick hunk of rubber kinda like a 1/2 inch thick rubber matt and made a cut edge along the bottom near the augger and the sides of the wings you'll be just fine and wont have to cut off a thing!
Do you think rubber would be strong enough? I mean, wouldn't it break off on me later some how~~??? I talk to one of my friend about it, he says he has some rubber and will get it to me...;)

I guess cutting is more harder than putting rubber on it~:D
So~ maybe choose easier way?! :D

Thank you Eric for the advice on rubber...;)

I had a wing on my another 4' small snow blower but it is keep on getting caught on the grass and stones and a little bit of bumps. That was why I was a bit shy to putting anther extra "Cow catcher".:cool:

But that "Rubber" makes a whole different story~!!!
So, I'll try that rubber first~! and "Cow catcher" later~!!!:D

Thank you guys~!

Joe.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was just thinking and idea hunk to use on the cheap would be an old mud flap from a big rig such as those on a dumptruck. Find a thick one and double them up and stick them on with bolts.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Joe,
If you hurry and get down here I have what you need. It's a spool of super heavy duty conveyor belt. Perfect for you application.

I scrounge stuff out of the recycling bin at work and for what ever reason I grabbed the belt. Heavy as hell about three feet wide and steel belted.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Damn Scott that will do the trick and should work quite well for that Joe needs to do. Even better and a bonus its steel belted that should hold up alot longer. And add extra strength.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Damn Scott that will do the trick and should work quite well for that Joe needs to do. Even better and a bonus its steel belted that should hold up alot longer. And add extra strength.
Sending a length of about six feet to Canada might be a little pricey.

I guess it all depends on how bad Joe wants it.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
OR Joe could scroung around up in his neck of the woods and Canada and see if he can find a hunk of conveyor belt. I had thought if a used car tire would do the trick as well. Atleast with a tire he can take a circular saw with a fine tooth blade and cut the tire or a sawzall would work.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
OR Joe could scroung around up in his neck of the woods and Canada and see if he can find a hunk of conveyor belt. I had thought if a used car tire would do the trick as well. Atleast with a tire he can take a circular saw with a fine tooth blade and cut the tire or a sawzall would work.
All very good ideas and tires will be more readily available. He could even do a midnight run to his neighbors :D

Scott

Last edited:

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
All very good ideas and tires wile be more readily available. He could even do a midnight run to his neighbors :D

Scott
Give me your address, Scott. ha ha ha...:D

I have a friend who will get me those rubber piece. All I have to do is measure what I need from snow blower and call him. then he is going to bring it to me...:D He said it is about 1/2" thick. so he will even cut down to the size what I need...:eek:

Thank you all again.

Joe.