box blade size

jd57

Equipment
L225, kingkutter 4' bushog,A&B 4' boxblade
Dec 14, 2014
hilham,tn.
Hi fellas
Need your advice again. Looking to buy a box blade for my Kubota 225 (3cyl., 24hp diesel) Mainly going to be used to groom a 750' gravel driveway.
What size do guys recommend?

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I'd go with either 5 or 6 feet depending on your rear tire width and what you can find a good buy on. Mine is 5 and I could pull more. My angle blade is 6 and I can do a smoother finish at a faster speed with that angled and reversed when we're talking driveway touch up.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
My L225 did semi ok with a rented 5footer. I could not get a full box by any means when pulling but that was cause ground was too solidly packed and thusly overpowered tractor when I let her dig in the teeth more than 4"-5" into a 12"? road bed. (30+yrs of daily driven gravel road)

Did OK though cause I only wanted to plane the top down say 2-3" a little in some areas and redistribute that amount in other areas to fill pot holes and low spots.

Need to do again but start with a hard digging Scarif to break up all the old gravel up then box it, backblade it or plane it out level.

Check and see if any rental places in your area will rent a box blade. Beats buying a new one that you might only use twice in every 5yrs of use.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I would say 5'. I have a 5 1/2' and it's a load on my L3000 at full capacity. Lightly scraping a wider one would work but if you're really digging in and moving a lot of material a 6' would be to much IMHO.

jd57

Equipment
L225, kingkutter 4' bushog,A&B 4' boxblade
Dec 14, 2014
hilham,tn.
Thank-you for the replies fellas!! Coachgeo, that was a concern of mine. If I want to use it for moving some earth I didn't know if a 5' would be too much for that little tractor.
I maybe better suited w/ a 4' if I'm going to move some dirt around.