Bolt on hooks for SSQA bucket from Ken's

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
Recently purchased some bolt on hooks and a clevis mount from Ken's
http://www.boltonhooks.com/bolt-on.html
after reading about them in a different thread.

This is an unsolicited recommendation. The ordering process went smoothly. The items arrived in a timely fashion and are exactly as described. The parts are of a high quality.

I just finished installing them on my SSQA bucket. They went on without any hiccups and look great. I have never met or talked to Ken, but am impressed with his web site, service and products. Yes, I would recommend his bolt on products to anyone considering adding some to their bucket.

Attachments

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
I also read that thread and plan to get some for my bucket. I need to wait until it is here so I can be sure of the exact one I have before ordering. I have Kens site bookmarked for quick reference for when my machine gets here though. I watched the how to video on his site and it seems pretty simple. Yours came out nice, where did you get the orange paint from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
The orange paint is Kubota (expensive) spray paint. I know I could have saved a few dollars and bought a can of aftermarket paint. Just seemed wrong with a new tractor/FEL. Didn't want to chance a mismatched color.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Ok thanks, I will use the same since I will install them on a new machine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doctor481

Equipment
MX5200, loader, 6' bush hog, 6' land plane, lots of old farm tools
Aug 21, 2016
Louisiana
I ordered some last night, got a shipping notification today.
Great service so far.

bcarver

Equipment
l3200 Fel box blade, Bionic Blade, 4ft bush hog, Ken's bucket hooks
Dec 17, 2016
Crystal Springs MS
I had the same results with my order. I also got a foresters hooks and grab hooks and slip hooks for four chains. I am going to order a few more weld on hooks for my box blade.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I suppose if you don't have a welder the bolt on hooks will work. However,as one makes use of the tractor for many uses, consider welding on the hooks. If you don't have a welder, consider getting one. Pretty handy. My hooks were welded on with a $99 welder. Somewhat limited but for small jobs ya will find it very useful.

Attachments

Doctor481

Equipment
MX5200, loader, 6' bush hog, 6' land plane, lots of old farm tools
Aug 21, 2016
Louisiana
Got my hooks today, great service and packed as if they are fragile.
Bolted them on but didn't have a chance to try them out.
Have a decent MIG welder but these look way more professional than welding them on.

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
I too am another satisfied customer of Kens hooks. I have never heard any reviews that could be called even 4 stars, I think they are all 5. Great service and product that are quite useful and will add value to your tractor should the day comes to sell. :)