Bi-Speed Turn Lever on a B1700

J.Schiefelbein

Equipment
B1700HST
Jul 28, 2015
Kranzburg, South Dakota, USA
Is there a procedure for using this?

I ask as the lever does not want to budge from the off position, I read the manual but it didn't imply I would need to do anything special. So far I have gotten by with out, but would like to use on occasion.

ryansmoneypit2

Equipment
B7100, 48" snow blower, woods rear blade, crappy front blade, 64" mower deck
Mar 2, 2018
virginia
Bi speed? thinking you mean Hi- Speed? Clutch pushed in, pull hard.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Is there a procedure for using this?

I ask as the lever does not want to budge from the off position, I read the manual but it didn't imply I would need to do anything special. So far I have gotten by with out, but would like to use on occasion.
The Bi-Speed Turn lever on my B1750 moves easily between On and Off, and I use Bi-Speed regularly when mowing.

Have you tried moving it to the On position while moving forward and backward on level ground with the steering centered?

SDT

J.Schiefelbein

Equipment
B1700HST
Jul 28, 2015
Kranzburg, South Dakota, USA
The Bi-Speed Turn lever on my B1750 moves easily between On and Off, and I use Bi-Speed regularly when mowing.

Have you tried moving it to the On position while moving forward and backward on level ground with the steering centered?

SDT
I tried forward, backward, turned, not turned, neutral, high, low, and off the lever doesn't want to budge.

I don't want to yank too hard and break something. but have always wondered what was wrong or if it is something I am doing wrong.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I tried forward, backward, turned, not turned, neutral, high, low, and off the lever doesn't want to budge.

I don't want to yank too hard and break something. but have always wondered what was wrong or if it is something I am doing wrong.
It should engage/disengage easily.

Check the linkage for evidence of binding, corrosion or damage.

SDT