BH92 - What are these rods? And why bother with this spring?

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
Hi all,

Picked up a used BH92 used a few months ago and been diggin it ever since. 600' long, 4' deep, 18"w trench, done. 8' deep in ground pool, done. And we're just getting started.

2 Questions I have... per the photos attached.

1. In the pic. with the green arrows. What are those 2 rods with the cotter pins on them for? I've been through install manual and every spec sheet I could find... but I can't find any information on those.

2. In the other pic. I know this spring is supposed to be attached to that little silver notch arm through the hole... we'll have put that spring on there a couple of times, and I'm not understanding what the purpose of this notch arm is? It seems to be more of a pain in my ass when I have to lift that little notch arm when trying to lock the boom in place for transport. I assuming I'm doing something wrong with this, but I can't seem to find a youtube video of anyone using it either.

Any help is appreciated, thanks again all!

Attachments

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have a BH92 on my L3560HSTC and to me the rods look like something someone added, not sure why. The spring should be attached to a rod that sets and releases the catch. I will look at my BH tomorrow when I get to the barn and try to get a picture of it for you.

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
I have a BH92 on my L3560HSTC and to me the rods look like something someone added, not sure why. The spring should be attached to a rod that sets and releases the catch. I will look at my BH tomorrow when I get to the barn and try to get a picture of it for you.
Thanks for getting the pic!

Yeah I'm not sure what the purpose of the rods would be even if not OEM.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Was gonna say that must be used. The sping looks like it attaches to that aluminum piece that is folded back.

The rods? No idea. Check to be sure the subframe is all snugged and there are no spots for those.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
What other attachments did the tractor come with ? Maybe those 2 rods are for another attachment ?Yea pretty sure the spring goes through the hole in the top of that that aluminum part with the 2 teeth . Once that spring in in that hole ya may fine that ya have one less rattle .
animals45

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Spring holds the boom lock down / in-place.
No clue what those rods due.
1697762693261.png

Reactions: 1 users

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Not too familiar with that particular model. Maybe those rods go with the stabilizer feet? Feet pads are usually made to flip from smooth to cleats and use a similar rod to hold position?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
The rods look like extra stabilizer rods. Previous owner probably had them in case he/she lost one. The stabilizer pads can be flipped but if you do that you’ll have to install a cotter pin on one side and the cotter can come out under use.

IMG_2023-08-12-105921.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Hi all,

Picked up a used BH92 used a few months ago and been diggin it ever since. 600' long, 4' deep, 18"w trench, done. 8' deep in ground pool, done. And we're just getting started.

2 Questions I have... per the photos attached.

1. In the pic. with the green arrows. What are those 2 rods with the cotter pins on them for? I've been through install manual and every spec sheet I could find... but I can't find any information on those.

2. In the other pic. I know this spring is supposed to be attached to that little silver notch arm through the hole... we'll have put that spring on there a couple of times, and I'm not understanding what the purpose of this notch arm is? It seems to be more of a pain in my ass when I have to lift that little notch arm when trying to lock the boom in place for transport. I assuming I'm doing something wrong with this, but I can't seem to find a youtube video of anyone using it either.

Any help is appreciated, thanks again all!

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
OK, here are a few shots showing the original set up, hope it helps. There is nothing for those rods, I assume something the original owner put on for reasons unknown. PA200012.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. I am currently living separated from my BH…to make matters worst she took the manual with her. I hope to see her next week though. 😢

I am no expert but I agree with jajui based on the camera angle and I what I think you are referring too…but below is not same angle / shot I am not certain.

I am not sure it helps (I can’t take a picture from same angle right now) but this is what mine looks like in the last bouduaire/center fold spread shot…😂

Attachments

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Yep the lever that locks the hoe from moving is supposed to be spring loaded so it locks by it self when ya pull it back all the way before moving the tractor . I just looked & my BH77 has a different setup , with no spring .
animals45