Bh77 slow bucket curl in and dipperstick

DomG

Equipment
LX2610hsd/535FEL/BH77/PFL1242/BB1260 -- Toro Zero Turn
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
Finally got to use the backhoe bh77 today on my lx2610. digging a few small holes and making some dirt to fill a few places.

While curling the bucket back into place to lock up and drive i heard a pop noise front under the controls. Didn't see any fluid or leaks and hydraulic fluid is full.

But noticed right after that curling in the bucket is slow. Push out is normal
But the dipper arm? (the one closest to bucket) If retracting inwards is slow and making noise i didnt hear before. But pushing out to reach is normal and fine.

Any input or suggestions would be great

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Under warranty?
I'd let the dealer figure it out.

Sounds like you had a piece of the control linkage break

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I would also let dealer take care of it; However if that is not an option I would pull the cover for the controls and look at the control rods, paying particular attention to the rod that controls the dipper (I have no idea which one that is, but should be easy to find using an elimination process).

Kenhwy61

Equipment
LX2610 TLB
Oct 2, 2023
Minnesota
I have the same set-up a lx2610 and BH77 and I would agree to let the dealer repair it under warranty. Mine has been back to the dealer twice in 30 hours for leaks in the back hoe control valve body. The dealer was very good about picking the tractor up and quickly getting it repaired and back to me all covered under warranty. I found the hoe in general while powerful it is not particularly fast moving.

DomG

Equipment
LX2610hsd/535FEL/BH77/PFL1242/BB1260 -- Toro Zero Turn
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
Thanks everyone reached out to dealer this morning to get it sorted out. they also figured either linkage or valve body. just waiting to find out the process for warranty. never had to go through it yet. but tractor new since Mid January.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have the same set-up a lx2610 and BH77 and I would agree to let the dealer repair it under warranty. Mine has been back to the dealer twice in 30 hours for leaks in the back hoe control valve body. The dealer was very good about picking the tractor up and quickly getting it repaired and back to me all covered under warranty. I found the hoe in general while powerful it is not particularly fast moving.
Your slow moving BH,. is likely due to the fact that your tractor has limited hydraulic flow, since it has only one hydraulic pump.