Best way to bleed fuel line on Kubota B8200

plumber mechanic

Equipment
Kubota B8200 with rc60-82h mower deck
Sep 18, 2023
The owners manual for B8200 says to open bleeding screws on top of fuel filter two turns until bubbles disappear then tighten. Then open open the air vent plug on the fuel injection pump and turn engine (with stop button pulled) for about 10 seconds. Close the air vent when air bubbles disappear.

(1) First, I do not have bleeding screws on the top of my fuel filter. However, I do have the air vent plug on the fuel injection pump. Is the air vent plug alone sufficient to bleed the fuel system for engine to fire up???

(2) Also some posts suggest loosening the fuel lines above Delivery Valve Holder. I prefer not to hassle with these fuel lines and risk potential leaking later from the Delivery Valves seals and O-rings.

Love to get your knowledge and expertise on questions 1 and 2 above....Thanks

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
It's been a while, but if memory serves, it should be the Philips screwed into the shut-off lever. Usually opening the vent plug works for filter changes. If you do a complete disassembly, you very well might have to disconnect the hose to the # 3 injector.

Attachments

plumber mechanic

Equipment
Kubota B8200 with rc60-82h mower deck
Sep 18, 2023
It's been a while, but if memory serves, it should be the Philips screwed into the shut-off lever. Usually opening the vent plug works for filter changes. If you do a complete disassembly, you very well might have to disconnect the hose to the # 3 injector.
Thanks for the good information. I am replacing the seals and 0 rings for the delivery valves as I think all 3 are leaking. Do you know when I am done how do I know the proper tightness for the delivery valve holder??