Best thing I ever did

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Re: Best think I ever did

I agree, had venison burgers Saturday night and for lunch after church yesterday. Toasted buns on grill and added ketchup, mayo, chili, cheese, and homemade slaw. It was awesome.

We grind our own, for burgers we use a 90/10 ratio, run it through grinder twice which gives it a good even mix.

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

We use a few spices and egg and hickory BBQ sauce in the burger before we cook it, turns out great.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
We grind the deer meat and freeze. If we want burgers we add the beef once thawed. We use venison for spaghetti, tacos, etc. We use quite a bit of wild pork too. May be raising a beef for the freezer this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming

One of the best things I ever did was buy a Kubota with a CAB. Negative temps when I plowed snow yesterday and I had to turn the heat down it got so warm, may have to start plowing in shorts and tees if I can figure out how to get to the barn without freezing.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

One of the best things I ever did was buy a Kubota with a CAB. Negative temps when I plowed snow yesterday and I had to turn the heat down it got so warm, may have to start plowing in shorts and tees if I can figure out how to get to the barn without freezing.
Yep, it's great isn't it, should have had one way before I did.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A nice way to spend a windy rainy day,,, although I have to admit I am a bit envious of the deer burgers,,:D

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Mmmm... Bambi Burgers...
I don't get too many of those anymore (not hunting any longer).
As for enclosed porch, I built a fully enclosed porch area with polycarbonate roof (so the sun can shine in), and full crank open windows (with screens). My prime use is in the spring, when those nasty black flies and mosquitoes come out. Very nice in the fall as well.
It is too cold to use in winter, and a bit too hot in the summer (unless it is cloudy out).

So nice to sit in an enclose porch looking out into the woods with my morning coffee... And, I can watch the mommy deer with her two fawns feeding on grass on my field bed. (living within city limits, cannot legally discharge a firearm)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Mmmm... Bambi Burgers...
I don't get too many of those anymore (not hunting any longer).
As for enclosed porch, I built a fully enclosed porch area with polycarbonate roof (so the sun can shine in), and full crank open windows (with screens). My prime use is in the spring, when those nasty black flies and mosquitoes come out. Very nice in the fall as well.
It is too cold to use in winter, and a bit too hot in the summer (unless it is cloudy out).

So nice to sit in an enclose porch looking out into the woods with my morning coffee... And, I can watch the mommy deer with her two fawns feeding on grass on my field bed. (living within city limits, cannot legally discharge a firearm)
The deck is great all year round. In the fall we just unsnap the screens and snap the canvas with a very heavy plastic much like what you would see on a jeep or boat. The bottom 4ft is tempered glass but the upper 3 or 4 feet is changeable depending on the season. We also have a screen door on either end so it's very comfortable even on a hot day with the wind blowing off the lake.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa

Second that! That’s what I did 3 hours ago.