best bits & worse bits about your orange friend.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
As in the title really guys, what are the best bits about your orange friend :cool::D and also the not so nice bits :mad::( ,
the things about it that really shows it a cut above the competiton, but also those really anyonying things on it that just need changing or just removing:eek:

I can honestly say that i really prefer my B8200 over all my others to date, it just fits into my usage requirments so well, big enough to handle the jobs that my others struggled with, but, still a nice compact size to fit in the garage and with enough power to run my extras.

on the negative side , only one real issue that gets to me sometimes is the , lack of time i get to play( oops work) with it;).

whats yours......

rob

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Best bits
- Amazing to drive and fun
- More durable than the competition
- Looks cool (as Eric says)
- Is a beast with tasks
- Fun, did I mention that already?
- The zero percent financing was the key for me and this purchase (not really tractor specific I guess)
- The ease of the quick loader between the Grappler and FEL is very nice

- Worst bits
- Regular work gets in the way

tractor kid

Feb 23, 2014
south carolina
I am a new tractor owner. I had never owned a tractor before I just recently bought my Kubota so I Like a lot of things about it. The one draw back I have noticed is you pull the joy stick to the left to roll the bucket up on the fel. I have driven a lot of forklifts and such over the years and on them you go to the right to roll the bucket up. It is very hard for me to get used to.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Best bits
- Amazing to drive and fun
- More durable than the competition
- Looks cool (as Eric says)
- Is a beast with tasks
- Fun, did I mention that already?
- The zero percent financing was the key for me and this purchase (not really tractor specific I guess)
- The ease of the quick loader between the Grappler and FEL is very nice

- Worst bits
- Regular work gets in the way
And I wish I got a bigger one,,, with a cab, and back hoe, and bigger bucket and stuff

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
L3800DT Positives; super simple, no bells n whistles, very little to go wrong, no electric dash, plenty of power, very easy to operate, always starts easy, never any problems.

Can not think of a single negative. :cool:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I'm very happy with mine. Everything from comfort to power to low fuel useage and easy servicing.

Things I wish it had (but now have been addressed with the new Bxx50 series):

1. Wish the steering brakes were on the left side so you could actually use them when plowing on ice.

2. Wish it had twin hydro pedals. I'm ok with the setup it has....except when snow blowing backwards with the rear blower. Because of my beat-up body, I have no problem when I am looking over my right shoulder, but have problems holding the reverse pedal down when looking to my left.

3. Wish I didn't have to remove the grill and side panel to check the engine oil with the optional alternator installed.

Can't comment on mowing yet.....snow won't stop coming down.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I am a new tractor owner. I had never owned a tractor before I just recently bought my Kubota so I Like a lot of things about it. The one draw back I have noticed is you pull the joy stick to the left to roll the bucket up on the fel. I have driven a lot of forklifts and such over the years and on them you go to the right to roll the bucket up. It is very hard for me to get used to.
All you have to do is swap the two hoses on the bucket roll valve and you will have it the way you like!! These small issues can be a bother; I have a Chevy and a Toyota, and the windshield wiper stalk works the opposite way, in every respect, on the two of them. Drives me nuts. nuts.

On my L3200DT I really like the FEL capacity, and the larger front tires than the competition uses on similar models. Dealerships are easy to find, and most are very good.
On the minus side, the jerky 3 point hitch still irritates me on occasion.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
L3200HST

Likes - Durable and well built. Kubota quality shows. Comfortable seating position.

Cons - Noisy engine (not specific to Kubotas, all these size tractors are in the dark ages in noise management). I would pay extra to have a noise attuned engine compartment like on my 50kw diesel genset or what most mini excavators come with. I would like more loader capacity and lift height as well.

My thoughts,

David

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
For me and my needs the B6100 I have makes for an excellent turf tractor for mowing and aerating. But not having a loader is a huge down fall, and a larger size to operate the loader would be nice too.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One serious down fall to my model... No cup holder... I really need to fab one up for it!

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
One serious down fall to my model... No cup holder... I really need to fab one up for it!
LOL... After many years with the same gripe, I went to Pep Boys an picked up a cheap plastic one and tie wrapped it to the right rear post the supports the cab roof.

Problem solved... :D

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Love my L3800 dt, would have liked rubber floor mats, made some out of a new dumptruck mud flap and some carriage bolts. A level bucket indicator ( rod in a tube type ) would have been nice, bought one from mahindra $21.00. Jerky 3 pt. doesn't affect me too much, but could definitely use improvement. The fuel filter bowl hanging out the side just waiting to be smacked could have been located better or shrouded anyhow. 3 pt. lift/lower lever is cheesy at best. When i saw the orange round stickers on the right fender covering holes where the right hand grab handle belongs, i told my salesman it better have one on it when delivered, and it did. Other than these weak complaints, I absolutely love this tractor for its size, power, maneuverability, and price new, no doubt. I drive a WA 500 Komatsu loader at a rock quarry that has a 11' bucket heaped with gravel that lifts 10 1/2 tons no problemo ! I can still jump on my little orange tractor at home and appreciate what it does so effortlessly. Kubota came very close to building the perfect compact utility type tractor, I finished the job.

OldMasterTech

Equipment
KX057-4, KX121-3, L4630GST, RTV1100, AT60, T1700, T1560, 555E
Mar 28, 2011
Massachusetts
The thing that is glaringly obvious to me every weekend is the difference in engineering between the GST tranny in my L4630 which is the smoothest, most incredible drive train I've ever used, then I get into my RTV1100 and wrestle with the shifter for every gear change! Did the same company really make this crappy drive train? What were they thinking? Doesn't come close to the performance of my other Kubota equipment.

Last edited:

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
LOL... After many years with the same gripe, I went to Pep Boys an picked up a cheap plastic one and tie wrapped it to the right rear post the supports the cab roof.

Problem solved... :D
I have used a small piece of 4" pvc pipe in the past for a cup holder. You can go smaller but with 4" you can still use a huggy to keep your favorite beverage cold.

My L3800 came with a cup holder already made into fender.:)

al b

Equipment
l345dt, l48, l2550dt
Feb 15, 2012
Ct
I wish the paint would hold up to the weather better.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
1983 M4500
Thumbs up?
Always starts easily (a big deal for an old Farmall kid)
Runs smooth.
3 point will lift about more than the tractor weighs.

Thumbs down?
Hydraulic a little slow for modern implements (not the tractors fault, it's a 1983 thing).
Brakes suck.
Reverse is still on the wrong end of the gear pattern (it's a Farmall thing, 45 years on the left end is hard to get over)

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Forgot to mention...the paint quality on my new B2620 pretty much sucks. Maybe it's just orange paint though because my orange Land Pride implents seem to flake off too just by looking at them.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
The addictive qualities that keep me searching Craig's list for more tractors and implements.