Bent hydraulic inlet pipe

woodruffoutdoors

Equipment
2006 L4330 GST, LA853 FEL, Woods 60" Brush Bull
Mar 10, 2017
West Tennessee
As I was laying under my L4330 today I noticed that the section of hydraulic inlet pipe that comes out of the transmission case and into the filter was bent pretty bad. Looks like the previous owner hit something and it is almost crimped shut. The hydraulics work fine, and it is not leaking. I looked this part up, and it looks like it is just held in the case with an o-ring. Is this a pretty easy fix? Since things are working and not leaking, do I fix it or leave it? I have pasted the link to the part I am describing (number 40 in the diagram). http://www.messicks.com/ku/85416

Thanks for any help!

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Depending on where the crush is you may be able to drive a rounded end wooden or steel dowel up the pipe to enlarge it again, or cut the crushed piece out and replace with heavy hose. Also consider making some protection up for it if you think there is a chance of it happening again.
EDIT: had a look at the diagram, $40 isn't too expensive for a direct replace, but consider protection if necessary.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
As mentioned ,it may be repairable.but price of a new one makes repairing old one pointless, unless you are in the sticks and its your only ride home. As far as guarding delicate components, it would be a good idea.

woodruffoutdoors

Equipment
Mar 10, 2017
West Tennessee
Thank you. Is it a relatively easy procrss to replace that piece? Looks easy from the diagram but I have thought that before and gotten in over my head quickly.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Replacing it makes sense - the restriction may not be affecting flow now but there's less margin if something rubs against it again. The tubing is pretty durable - adding a guard often just adds more edges to catch brush etc. It should be an easy swap job when changing the oil, assuming no hidden damage from the original bump.

woodruffoutdoors

Equipment
Mar 10, 2017
West Tennessee
That's probably my main concern. I think the case is thick enough metal that nothing was damaged, but the inlet pipe was bent and pulled out of the transmission case originally.

RustyW

Equipment
L3430GST
Sep 20, 2016
Muldrow Oklahoma
I just replaced the tubes on my L3430 due to me using it like a bulldozer instead of a tractor. Easy is not a word I'd use. On mine the filter adapter & hose from the trans case & suction line on the pump all have to be held just so where everything lines up & goes into place at once. I installed the suction line first because it has a rubber hose on it to the pump & was able to wiggle everything into place. Be prepared to expand your vocabulary on the one bolt on the engine block holding the suction line in place on the pump end.

woodruffoutdoors

Equipment
Mar 10, 2017
West Tennessee
Rustyw, what is the process to attach the tubes? In the parts diagram it looks like it just has an o-ring and then a bolt hold it to the transmission case and filter housing. The only tube on my tractor that appears damaged is the one from the teams case to the filter. It's about 12" or 14" with a 90 degree bend. Thanks for all he help.

RustyW

Equipment
L3430GST
Sep 20, 2016
Muldrow Oklahoma
Rustyw, what is the process to attach the tubes? In the parts diagram it looks like it just has an o-ring and then a bolt hold it to the transmission case and filter housing. The only tube on my tractor that appears damaged is the one from the teams case to the filter. It's about 12" or 14" with a 90 degree bend. Thanks for all he help.
Yes, the tube has a grove/indention on the side that slides into the filter housing & the end that slides into the transmission/case is smooth, there is an o'ring in the case that seals the tube. A tab tack welded to the tube bolts to the side of the case & housing, 10 or 12mm hex head I think.The difficult part is getting the 2 ends of the tube to go into the case & housing at the same time. The tube is rigid & little to no flex, there's not a lot of room to work due to other lines in the way but once it goes into place the hard part is over. I left the bolts out so I had some twist & wiggle room then installed them when it was in place.

Attachments

Last edited: