Beehive LED rear lights on B6200

PenderBen

Equipment
B6200d, Bobcat 323j, T1600
Aug 31, 2012
Gulf Islands, BC Canada
Hi all.
Thought I'd share this.
My B6200 came to me missing a tail light lens and the other lens falling off.
I'm not sure I will ever use my lights, but I wanted to fix it anyway. I decided to look for some LED replacements, why not, and came across these '3'' beehive' ones on eBay and ordered a set. Granted of course these are not top quality, but they don't seem half bad, finish quality is decent and they function properly.
They took very mild modifying to fit using the factory light mounting holes, and I had to extend their leads, add plugs, etc, but all easy enough.
They are wired with two circuits, so I was able to wire one set to be the tail light (outside ring of LEDs), and the other (inner four LEDs) as the hazards.
The tail lights work as they should, but the hazards do not, in theory they will and it is not a fault of the lights, I suspect a fault under the dash.

They fit about perfectly, time will tell on the quality, but for about $16 I'm not disappointed.

I don't have pics of them on, sorry.

Attachments

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
You have the bi-metal flasher unit.
It heats up from current flow and clicks off.
Like Milo said.
That is why when one lamp burns out on a car they do not flash telling you to check your lights.

The led does not have the load to make them work.
Look for a flasher used for a trailer addon. These are electronic.
Somthing like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pin-CF13-...ash=item3a820943e1:g:KJsAAOSw-dBTrkeK&vxp=mtr

Ray

PenderBen

Equipment
B6200d, Bobcat 323j, T1600
Aug 31, 2012
Gulf Islands, BC Canada
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll look into it more.
The flasher didn't work on the lone incandescent either, and the LEDs don't light up at all.
I'm not sure the relay is even still there, as I found an unplugged/unused plug under the dash, need to confirm the wire colors.
Like I said, probably never use them, but it's nice to have things work right.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Make sure at full up of 3pt your implements won't hit the Beehive cone and break them.