Beef vegetable soup

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Although this isn't sliced or cubes of beef, my wife found THIS HAMBURGER SOUP RECIPE CLICK HERE . She makes a batch in the crockpot every couple of month's. I love it and eat it every day till it's gone. Scroll down the page to get to the recipe.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Guinness stew ( you can leave out the beer)

1 1/2 # chuck roast cubed in about 1/2 cubes
1 1/2 or 2 cups of beef broth
1 T spoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups of diced onoins
1 T spoon mashed up garlic
1 cup parsnips
1 cup carrots
1 cup diced celery
6 T spoons tomato sauce
2 sprigs of thyme
2 bottles of Guinness ( optional) But you have to add the difference with beef broth if you dont add the beer
2 T spoons of flour mixed with salt pepper and a dash of cayenne
3 T spoons of olive oil
Cast Iron pan, hot dredge the meant in the flour mixture brown on all sides and put into a slow cooker add everything else and what other veggies you might like,,, cook on low for 3 or 4 hours until the meat is cooked like you like it. If the gravy is a little thin, add a dash of corn starch to thicken, if to thick add a dash of beef broth to thin it down

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
My go to site for Recipes is
Allrecipes.com

Never made beef veg. but plenty of other things

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Brown the soup bone cover it with water salt and pepper and a quartered onion. Simmer for at least 4hours preferably more. Separate the meat from the bone. Put the meat back into the broth. If you want you want beef noodle soup add more onion some garlic carrot and celery if you like it. Cook a little longer and add the noodles and cook them.

I like beef noodle but the noodles get soggy in the leftovers so I usually make beef barley. In an 8 quart stockpot I use either a pound of barley or a half pound of barley and a half pound of dry beans. I prefer white beans here. The 8 quart pot gets a 28 oz. can of tomatoes some diced vegetables and a pound or 2 of frozen vegetables. Simmer until the beans are done.

I don't usually use beef for this. I usually use venison.

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
I also make mine like the hamburger soup above. I also use some of the hamburger grease in mine, I don't drain it completely. I also use about 1/2 head of cabbage and a little more meat. I make a big batch then freeze about 2/3 of it or give some to my ex wife since I'm by myself now. My wife passed about 3 years ago. She taught me to cook a little before she passed.

coachgrd

Equipment
BX 1870
Aug 1, 2017
Waterford, PA
I also make mine like the hamburger soup above. I also use some of the hamburger grease in mine, I don't drain it completely. I also use about 1/2 head of cabbage and a little more meat. I make a big batch then freeze about 2/3 of it or give some to my ex wife since I'm by myself now. My wife passed about 3 years ago. She taught me to cook a little before she passed.
You're a good man Charlie5320;)