BB2910 / B7800 40A alternator upgrade wiring

scribble

Equipment
B2910
Dec 28, 2017
NZ
B2910 / B7800 40A alternator upgrade wiring

Hi All,

I've searched far and wide but I can't find a circuit diagram so I can create a DIY harness. Basically in my neck of the woods I can't get the upgrade kit or even any parts (other than the bracket and longer belt) for the kit. I picked up the alternator off eBay fairly cheap (considering what shipping normally costs), machined up a spacer bush. The hardware is all done now, just need to make the new wiring harness / connections. I'm fine with making it myself, I just need to a circuit / wiring diagram of the various connectors I.e. the old regulator socket (6 wires), the output from the alternator and the starter / fuse connections etc.

Even photos showing the wire colours (or wire locations in the plugs) either side of the connectors so I can trace myself.

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Re: B2910 / B7800 40A alternator upgrade wiring

Hi All,

I've searched far and wide but I can't find a circuit diagram so I can create a DIY harness. Basically in my neck of the woods I can't get the upgrade kit or even any parts (other than the bracket and longer belt) for the kit. I picked up the alternator off eBay fairly cheap (considering what shipping normally costs), machined up a spacer bush. The hardware is all done now, just need to make the new wiring harness / connections. I'm fine with making it myself, I just need to a circuit / wiring diagram of the various connectors I.e. the old regulator socket (6 wires), the output from the alternator and the starter / fuse connections etc.

Even photos showing the wire colours (or wire locations in the plugs) either side of the connectors so I can trace myself.

Cheers,
Mark
Google this phrase and see if it will bring you to a set of instructions for installing a 40 amp alternator on B7800

Installation of the Kubota 40 Amp Alternator Upgrade Kit on a Kubota B7800/ B3030 Tractor

See if this link helps:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...0Upgrade.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2wGGOOLdBoqaWuVQUWvzJT

Consider going to this site and finding a WSM close to your model tractor.

The $10 price and quick download can turn out to be very helpful.

http://kubota.servicemanualvault.com/

Post a link to the on line alternator so I can read about it. For example, does it have an internal voltage regulator.

Dave

Last edited:

scribble

Equipment
B2910
Dec 28, 2017
NZ
Thanks for the info but I needed a circuit / wiring diagram, not instructions on how to install the OEM kit.

Anyway I found the WSM on kubotabooks.com for the B2910/B7800 (uploaded a few days before I posted, it wasn't there when I had last checked) and also for the the B2410 which had the circuit diagram for the factory fitted 40A alternator so was able to work out what wires went where and how to wire in the new alternator which is now done and working perfectly.

Last edited: