Ballost box for b6100

morson82

Equipment
B6000E, 61" Scag
Jun 29, 2011
CT
I looking to make a ballost box for my B6100, this way when I don't have the backhoe attached the FEL will be more stable. Not really sure how to go about it:confused: Should I just make a form out of wood and have the proper sized steel rod going through it and then pour in the crete? I do have a 4x8 sheet of 3/16 steel that I could make a box out of and then pour in the crete.....Looking for some ideas and direction. If anyone has one, I certainly could use the demensions.......Thanks, Glenn

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
It depends on what you want. I picked up a metal box on CraigsList for 25 bucks and 300lbs of metal scrap (6 50lb pieces, easy to lift) from a local iron place for 70. I put the box on the tractor and then load the metal in, a lot easier than wrestling a 300lb concrete block into position. If you are going to pour concrete and leave it in I would just use a plywood box and steel rod. Save the 3/16 for something else. After your concrete cures you don't even need the plywood box anymore.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I agree, use the wood to form a box and save the sheet of steel. Since wood is alot cheaper then metal. Do a search on here for ballest boxes and you'll see tons of other great idea's that some of the guys have made for their tractors.