Ballast?

drj211

Equipment
L3301 w/525 FEL
Jun 19, 2017
Jacksonville, FL
I used my new L3301 hard by running a PTO generator during Hurricane Irma. I put 30 hours on it and just did a 50 hour service. When I checked the pressure in the rear tires, liquid squirted out. There was about 15 psi in the tires once I put the stems at 12:00.

I didn't ask the dealer to add ballast when I bought the tractor. I can't call them until Monday, but just wondering if they might have filled the tires as a routine deal and forgot to tell me.

Any thoughts?

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
My dealer fills the rear tires (antifreeze and water mixed) of any tractor that is sold with a FEL as a matter of course for no extra charge. Maybe yours does the same.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
My dealer fills the rear tires (antifreeze and water mixed) of any tractor that is sold with a FEL as a matter of course for no extra charge. Maybe yours does the same.
I bet we bought from the same dealer. There was some delays with my tractor getting the backhoe subframe and then the parts for the rear remotes were back ordered so they sent my tractor incomplete, then came out and added the rear remotes. I was prepping to fill my tires the next weekend when they called and said they forgot to put water and antifreeze in the tires so they came out again just to do that.

To the OP: Water shouldn't continuously run with the stem at 12 o'clock. If you give it a squirt of air and water still runs out it's probably a little overfilled. Before doing anything as far as draining out jack the tractor up so that the tire is just barely touching the ground.

drj211

Equipment
L3301 w/525 FEL
Jun 19, 2017
Jacksonville, FL
Well, funny thing. The dealership was just sold to another owner. The mechanic just resigned and moved on, so nobody knows what's in my tires!

I'll check the tires with the stems at the top and see what happens.

Thanks guys.