Backhoe won't swing

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
I have a B2650 with a BH77 backhoe. I was digging last night and it worked perfectly. However, when I went to put it in the garage I went to swing the backhoe over to the right out of the way....nothing. Every movement the hydraulics works fine. I can swing it to the left but I have to push it to the right as i hold stick to the right. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so what was it.

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
I'm surprised I was unable to get a reply to the problem I was having. I would have thought a few of you would have had this problem before. Anyway, I did some educating myself yesterday. I could only see the problem as being in one of the valves. I don't have the WSM for the backhoe but will have it soon for any issues in the future. When I had the time I went back out to the tractor hoping it hoe would have fixed itself and bummer still didn't work. I figured if something by chance was just stuck I'd tape on the valve area with a block of wood with a few taps of a hammer. To my surprise it starting working and I hope it stays that way.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Easy my friend, sometimes it takes a couple days to get an answer, its not like the big "K" has techs lurking on the board 7/24. Im sure somebody will come up with some thing that will help you along.
WHen was the last time you changed your filters, have you checked to see if the cylinder is bent twisted or maybe the pins are loose or out, and you may well be right it may be in the valve bank. Look for the simple stuff first

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
Easy my friend, sometimes it takes a couple days to get an answer, its not like the big "K" has techs lurking on the board 7/24. Im sure somebody will come up with some thing that will help you along.
WHen was the last time you changed your filters, have you checked to see if the cylinder is bent twisted or maybe the pins are loose or out, and you may well be right it may be in the valve bank. Look for the simple stuff first
My reply wasn't intended to be harsh AT ALL. As I wrote just surprised. Nothing is bent or loose. My tractor and backhoe are less than a year old, 175 hours. I did change the one hydro filter per the 50 hour change along with engine oil and filter. I hope the problem doesn't return. I talked with a service manager and they did have the same problem with a customers and cleaned the valve. Unfortuneately a week later it returned and he believed they had to replace the valve. Thanks for the reply.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
You have crap in the spool valve set. I have the BH 76 and it happens every couple of years...

You either have a bad cylinder (not likey)...or just a flake of metal or something in the valve. In my case they usually work their way out after a few hours...and sometimes they actually move to the next valve block and all of a sudden the bad valve works normal again...and one of the downstream valves doesn't properly function.

You can either go online to confirm how to test the cylinder ( easy but messy) or tear apart the affected valve CAREFULLY and clean it and hope that solves it.

It is very frustrating to have it happen...but it does....

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
The first symptoms sounded like the swing cylinder's piston had come loose inside - but they don't fix themselves. Or the piston seal got a chunk of something in it - but that's not likely to clear up by itself either. Any chance the hoe was caught on the stabilizer? Pinched hose? Is it still working ok? Any noises when it was not working?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I tell ya..... a hoe that won't swing ain't worth the money;):D:eek::D

Bwahahahahahaha:p:cool::eek::D:rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Only a biker would come up with something like that ,,,,,, I love it :D

zippyslug31

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, 72" BB, old Ford 22-63 PHD
Jun 27, 2015
Crooked River Ranch, Oregon
If the machine is less than a year old you should still be under warranty. I'd call the dealer and ask them to have a tech come and inspect it.
You could have a bigger problem with it and tapping it with a hammer isn't doing you any favors in the long run.