Backhoe Mount Finished

scandens

Equipment
L2501
May 10, 2020
Kingston, Ontario
Very nice job! I just ordered L2501 with FEL and having dealer install Kubota subframe - looked like a good design and price was good with free install since are building machine from shipping state. I have Walenstein GX620 backhoe on old tractor, for which I had built subframe. So like you I will add rear hydraulics and build adapter to mate GX620 to Kubota subframe.

The Kubota backhoes (eg the BH77) mount very close in, which I think is good for weight distribution and reduces chance of bottom of backhoe hitting ground going onto trailer or up a steep bump. I measured as little as 4in. between stabilizer front edge and tire back edge on couple of oem setups. What is that distance on your rig? Also, looks like you built in bit of rise in adapter behind lower pin attachment point, so bottom of adapter and presumably backhoe is 3 or 4in. above lowest point of subframe pin slots. What is ground clearance below your backhoe now, compared to clearance below back of subframe? May ask for more tips once I get machine and prepare to fabricate - thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Nice build...check those welds after 10 hours of banging on it. Would be interesting to see if any get stressed...