Backhoe for B7800

rlcokc

Mar 20, 2010
oklahoma
After much discussion and research I went to my local kubota dealer to buy a backhoe. Thought I narrowed it down to Bh76 or Woods BX70 to BX80. Some had said the 80 was a little much for the 7800 and one of the sales guys agreed. The other said I would have no trouble with the 80. I had decided that was the one for me--they thought the woods a better buy for the money than the BH76--when he pointed out that he had a new woods 7500 which they had been outside and paint faded but brand new with warranty. The BX80 was $6500 installed with 4 point submount frame and he would sell the 7500 for a thousand less. The 7500 is a 71/2 foot reach--in between the 70 and 80. Seemed a perfect compromise to me and so I bought it. My understanding is the specs on the 7500 is pretty much between the 70 and 80 and may be a better fit for my tractor. Doesn't have the curved boom but I can do without for a thousand bucks. The paint is faded but the backhoe has never been mounted and no rust. What do you think? Good/bad decision--I can probably change my mind if I move fast.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
For a thousand dollars cheaper I think you cant go wrong. You should be just as please with the 7500 as you would with a 70 or 80. And a boom is a boom no matter curved or straight it still digs all the same. I think they came out with a curved boom so you can reach over things like stumps to dig on the opposite side and not bust the boom. All the larger full size hoe's still have straight booms.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have had a woods and do have a Kubota backhoe now. I like the way Kubota has their outriggers set up better than the woods. That was where I had trouble with my woods and eventually destroyed mine from that point.

As far as the digging goes I really cant tell any difference between the two of them. I can see a advantage to having a curved boom but I wouldn't let that one thing be a deal breaker.

If you are planning on removing the backhoe to use the tractor for other things you may consider looking at a 3pt model. I have a 4672 and it will never be or do what a rigid frame mount would be but it can be removed in about 5 or 10 minutes. I gave $6000 for mine installed. Just thought I would throw that out there for another option to look at.

Just to compair numbers, the BH 76 is the backhoe listed to go on the new B 3300 tractor.