Back Hoe attachment for L3800

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
Can someone advise if this BH I located for sale would fit on my L3800? I had a set of remotes installed on tractor when I purchased it. Thanks.

Backhoe pic.jpg

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Backhoe may be perfect size not sure about bushhog brand. What I would recommend is a subframe mount. I want a woods 7500 or BH80 subframe mount my tractor (3700) is the same frame as yours. The top link on your 3pt hitch will not stand the pressure if you hang the hoe good and pull on it. Do search on backhoe here and tractor buy net there are a number of post where 3pt hitch hoes have destroyed the rear of the tractors.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
My dad has a bush hog backhoe, and it has been problem free for more than 10 years. It is on a subframe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I'm pretty sure it would fit. Subframes can be bought or built pretty easily. Here's a manual for it. http://www.bushhog.com/images/stories/documents/manuals/Backhoes-650-750-850-950.pdf

If you use it on the 3 point, pay attention to the specific instructions about the stabilizer links that prevent the 3 point lift arms from raising up with the BH installed.

There are a ton of posts on the web warning of broken tractors from 3 point BH use, but very few posts showing an actual broken tractor. I'm sure it happens, but it's not too common. Subframe is better though if you have the means to build or buy one.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I used to have one and did quite a bit of digging with a 3pt mount and never broke anything in half. I could see it happening if you get the rear of the tractor bucking and jumping like a bull in the rodeo. But if you take your time and do it right you'll be fine

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I used to have one and did quite a bit of digging with a 3pt mount and never broke anything in half. I could see it happening if you get the rear of the tractor bucking and jumping like a bull in the rodeo. But if you take your time and do it right you'll be fine
That's true of just about everything tractor related! Kubota builds some really tough machines that can take a beating. If you're going to use a BH, have a subframe made if you cannot do it yourself. Maybe even try ordering the factory subframe and make the BH fit it. You'll be able to beat on it then without worrying if you're going to do some damage to the machine.

I think the cost of repairing the machine will be several times the price of having a subframe made.

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
Thanks to all of you for the "experienced" information. I will put it to use for sure!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Some people can break a damn anvil if given the chance. For YEARS the 3pt hitch hoe was just about the only option before the sub frame came out.