B9200 Craigslist - Control Valve Repair Estimate

Blackjack

Equipment
B7100 HST - D
Mar 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL, USA
I went to look at a (rough) B9200 advertised on Craigslist locally.
http://bham.craigslist.org/grd/4082016250.html

Motor started and ran well, but the rest of the tractor had a lot of issues.
I reviewed the 9200 operators manual prior to viewing.

The seller had indicated the FEL didn't work properly....and when I got there, I found that the directional valve on the hydraulic block (pic attached)....(when I attempted to insure it was turned clockwise completely)....just continued to spin. It never did have a "stop" point or bottom out- clockwise or counterclockwise.

I looked up the part number for that valve...and I believe a new valve would cost about $524.

The gent selling it was a nice person, who really didn't know anything about tractors, as he'd purchased this item as a package deal with about 10 other vehicles. I told him I'd see what I could find out.

Anyone care to guess what it would take to have a competent mechanic break this block down and repair it...or would it be smarter just to purchase a new hyd block.

[/URL][/IMG]

Blackjack

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's just like any valve repair... It's as easy as the mechanic working on it's skill level.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Could start cheap and simple with fresh hydraulic fluid and a new filer and a cleaning of the suction screen. If it has old hydraulic fluid, the tractor can give signs of weak lift performance. I'm thinking process of elimination at this point...

Blackjack

Equipment
B7100 HST - D
Mar 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL, USA
I'm assuming the valve is broken.
Could someone verify that that directional valve is in fact...supposed to bottom out and stop when turned full clockwise?
Right now it just continues to spin...in either direction...no stop point.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is a picture of the gut's of that baby.:eek:

I would bet there is a roll pin or two snapped off in the directional control knob. that's why it just keeps spinning.;)

Pull it off get it on a bench and pull the directional knob out and have a look around in there.:cool:

Attachments

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I'd offer him $2300.

That said, you won't find any Kubota that runs well with a FEL for anything near $2800 around here.

From the pics, that is very restorable.

Blackjack

Equipment
B7100 HST - D
Mar 9, 2010
Birmingham, AL, USA
Copy All!
Ismurphy....using that logic....all it takes is money and time....and almost anything is restorable. I agree.
this had a few too many restorable items than I wanted on my checklist that I could see.
The "Golf Cart Sunshade" was functional, efficient and simple.....and I think with a can of Kubota orange paint,...would have looked a little more respectable....
It seemed that every wire on this tractor (except to the glow plugs and the starter) had been disconnected or cut. Even the clutch starter engage safety switch had been disconnected. Somehow it still managed to provide a small charge to the battery....
For someone who knows a great deal more than me about tractors, that may just be a great deal. Wolfman...if I had your knowlege..I'd have snapped that tractor right up.

Thanks.

Blackjack

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it wasn't so far away I'd jump on it, I love project tractors.

It's better to walk away if you feel that it's just too much work for you to be able to repair.;)

bulldog_shotgun

Equipment
B2150HST
Feb 3, 2013
SW, Ohio
Here is a picture of the gut's of that baby.:eek:

I would bet there is a roll pin or two snapped off in the directional control knob. that's why it just keeps spinning.;)

Pull it off get it on a bench and pull the directional knob out and have a look around in there.:cool:
just for future reference. there is a roll pin and its external of the valve body, part 006 on the Fiche.

should only allow the knob to turn about 90 degrees.