B8200 Hydraulics working intermitently

scherfm

Equipment
B8200 tractor with loader
Aug 17, 2014
Metaline Falls, WA
I bought a B8200 recently and the loader and the 3 point lift worked fine. Yesterday I was operating a tiller and wanted to back up. When I tried to lift the implement it would only come up in short increments, and it sounded as though the valve might be opening and closing, or something was bypassing. In that condition the loader behaved the same. However, after I stopped the tractor and restarted just a few minutes later, the hydraulics to both implements worked for awhile. But after tilling for awhile, the problem repeated, and also cleared up when I stopped and restarted the tractor again. I know nothing about hydraulics. Help?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 It needs a complete fluid and filter change before you go into it any further.
Use Kubota filters and a UDT or SUDT 2 fluid.

Bad fluid and/or bad filter can cause what you are explaining, when the fluid foams because of contaminates or cheap fluid it causes the hydraulics to work erratically. ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I bought a B8200 recently and the loader and the 3 point lift worked fine. Yesterday I was operating a tiller and wanted to back up. When I tried to lift the implement it would only come up in short increments, and it sounded as though the valve might be opening and closing, or something was bypassing. In that condition the loader behaved the same. However, after I stopped the tractor and restarted just a few minutes later, the hydraulics to both implements worked for awhile. But after tilling for awhile, the problem repeated, and also cleared up when I stopped and restarted the tractor again. I know nothing about hydraulics. Help?

I am with Wolfman, drain , filter change, fill with good stuff and then see the difference.;)

Lostdutchman

Equipment
L2850
Dec 31, 2013
Alaska
Is fluid properly serviced? I put too much in mine when I changed the fluid and filters. It got real foamy and the 3 pt was erratic. When I corrected it has worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk