B8200 help!!!!

bullet

Equipment
B7200/B8200
Mar 23, 2011
BLOOMINGTON SPRINGS ,TN
I have purchased a 1982 B8200 .The guy that I bought it from said that he was pushing snow with it and it ran out of fuel . I have started it on ether ( yes I know big no no ) It ran and sounded great. The fuel pump cam gear and the idler gear teeth are striped:confused:. I can turn the fuel pump cam by hand (with the gear) it turns and feels normal. I am trying to figure out why the teeth striped . I'm thinking that the pump for the hydraulics could be the cause??? Has anyone seen this happen before?? Thanks in advance

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Soft gears. Some of the B8200's (and B9200's) had soft timing gears. replace them and put it together. It'll be good as new!
Ed

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
If it is running good with ether, likely you have lost some compression in the cylinders (of course this happens over time). Ether will pre-detonate in a high compression diesel motor, and will blow it apart. I used to have an old Ford with a Perkins diesel that lost quite a bit of compression, so I had no problem using ether to start it up. But you have to use caution. Normally a light tickle when it is turning over is max you want to spray.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Hey, Bullet..........

How's bout an update ?

Did you replace those gears yet ?