B8200 flush

donp815

Equipment
L3010 W/front loader and backhoe: Satoh Beaver W/tiller
Jul 2, 2011
Clarksburg, WV
Thought I had done something great. Got caught inside garage when it started raining. I took a peice of 1" x 6" support for old coat rack, for flexibility, forced 24" x 3/4" heater hose inside (fit tight), forced 18" x 3/4" copper pipe inside heater hose. Drilled several holes in bottom 3" of copper, put nylon stocking on, and put a slight bend in it. Fits perfect in wifes big cooker (30 quart I think). I hope she doesn't miss it. :D Used black plastic and built inside of cooker up to make about a 1 gallon sump on lower side. After running old oil thru paint strainer and finding no dirt but water did partially plug strainer, put it in this sump and circulated thru transmission and let it come out suction pipe into the cooker. Ran tractor for about a minute and it seemed to be circulating well. I had added 2 quarts of diesel to the old fluid, roughly 3 gallon, before pouring about a gallon in transmission. Just for curiosity, ran this fluid thru another paint strainer. Nearly plugged strainer with small flakes of crud or rust in only a gallon. I'm going to flush with new oil today (no diesel added) in same manner before installing new filter and oil. At end of flush, will use old filter to plug suction and circulate again with drain plug out as about a quart of fluid lies in this area. I do fill pipe to prevent pump cavitating.

I did take pix, but after finding FIGJAM'S post and seeing his pix, mine looked awfully crude. :eek: I just used old scrap that was just collecting dust in garage. His looks very neat and very innovative. Very nice job Figjam!!!

donp815

Equipment
L3010 W/front loader and backhoe: Satoh Beaver W/tiller
Jul 2, 2011
Clarksburg, WV
Did 2 flushes with about 5 qts each. First was a little brown and milky. Second still a little milky. Poured about a gallon fresh fluid and let drain thru. Looked decent. Put new filter in and refilled. After an hour of running tractor, using brush hog, oil still looks clear on dip stick. Maybe this was a bit of overkill, but now I know hydraulics are good. Was worried about pump, not knowing how long had been ran with plugged filter.:):D
Doubt if this is of any benefit to anybody, but thought I'd post.