B8200 aftermarket FEL

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
So i bought this machine last year and it came with the power steering ram as an 'extra on the side'. The seller told me it was removed because it was leaking.
After some looking around i have discovered that my machine came with a factory FEL (BF300). It still has the valve body (sorry, don't know the correct nomenclature) on the passenger side. Plus there are tell tale signs on the frame mounting points where slight rust kind of outlines spots where something had been mounted at one point in time.
I paid $3200 for this machine and it's in pretty good shape overall, now especially so since I've been upgrading some items, like new Industrial tires, adding some neat little features here and there and repairing some of the minor issues that have been with it for who knows how long. Minor issues is really all this machine has (knock on wood), it's a really solid machine overall, in pretty good shape for its age.
I've also been looking at buying a new machine with a FEL. But i keep thinking about maybe, just maybe saving some money and possibly getting an aftermarket FEL for this machine. I don't need a huge payload capacity or the latest greatest and i'm willing to sacrifice some things if i can save thousands by putting an FEL on my machine.

Does anyone have any insight or opinions what would be a good place to look for info on getting one for this machine?
My luck it's probably too old and outdated and there will be no support for it.

Seeking Advice, Opinions, Factual information?

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
A FEL is going to run you $3000-4000 new...they're not cheap. Often you're better off getting the whole machine with FEL than to get one and add it...BUT if the machine is clean and you REALLY want to go down the path you have two viable options.

A. Find a used BF300 loader on the interwebs...OTT, Ebay, Craigslist. This is likely as difficult as finding hens teeth...but worth the try.

B. Buy a new (WOODS,Koyker) loader. They make em for your machine, and are pretty well built. They bolt on with little or no modification. Looks like Koyker says the 120 model is a good fit for your machine.

Good luck. Adding a FEL after the fact is usually costly. Many people end up searching for the machine they want with a FEL already on it and then sell their non-FEL machine.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Advise I offer, be patient. Billdog350 mentions as difficult to find as hen's teeth...not quite, but almost!!:D

I sold a B8200 last summer. The guy who bought it decided to move to Virginia a couple of months later. Don't think he will need the tractor because his wife said they'll probably live in town on a city lot.

He's there working on his new job, she's still here waiting to sell the house.

I bought it new in '85. Has a loader and I added power steering. I don't remember the hours, but like 1200. Sold it because I didn't want it setting around without use. He might part with it for around $6500, just guessing. You could sell your for $4500 minimum, and possibly end up with a loader for $2000 installed. Oh, this tractor has a horn also!!!:D

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I appreciate the advice.
Can't say i want to hold my breath on finding a BF300. I'm sure if i did, it would need some help that would just nickel and dime me to death.
I called a few dealers of Koyker and Westendorf, for FEL's I'm waiting to hear back, they all took info and have to "call reps". If am comfortable with the prices they give me, one of those will probably be the option i go with. I called 5-6 places this morning and none of them mentioned Woods as an option.
If i were to spend the money for a machine with an FEL already on it, i'd 'pony up' and get something with a little more heft and HP and preferably slightly newer so there is a little more parts support behind it.
(I kind of fell in love with a Cub Cadet 7360 but it's $10K)

Westendorf has a model TA55 that they recommend for the B8200.
Koyker recommends their model 120, like mentioned above.:)
Both of them are comparable with specs and features.

This is what i was talking about with the hydro setup on mine. Is this considered a mid mount and is it suitable for an FEL?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is this considered a mid mount and is it suitable for an FEL?
Mid mount refers to the loader mounting i do believe.

But yes that is the block that you connect to for the loader hydraulics.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Yes, i believe i was confused and wanted to say 'mid PTO'.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes, i believe i was confused and wanted to say 'mid PTO'.
Nope you don't use the mid PTO either.
The loader is powered by the hydraulic pump on the tractor, through the block that you nave shown the picture of.
The hydraulic pump is mounted behind the injection pump[ on the right side of the engine.

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Nope you don't use the mid PTO either.
The loader is powered by the hydraulic pump on the tractor, through the block that you nave shown the picture of.
The hydraulic pump is mounted behind the injection pump[ on the right side of the engine.
See, i have soo much to learn. I always assumed the mid PTO was a hydraulic drive. Never thought it was an actual splined drive like the rear PTO. :eek:

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
So I've received 2 calls back. One call contradicts the other.

The first call i got back, the guy only contacted Koyker. He said they could do a Koyker 120 model for the $4250 uninstalled and $4750 installed. :eek::eek:
That includes joystick, 60" bucket and universal skid steer quick attach.

The second call (actually talked to him 3 different times today) i got back was from an extremely eager to help, salesman. Really nice guy who actually put in a good amount of leg work making sure he had all the right info from me about my machine. He also called a Kubota dealer that they deal with from time to time to see about a BF300. He said yeah that turned into a dead end LOL.
He says Koyker has a loader for a B8200 but it will only fit a Hydrostat HST/HSD model. They do not have one that will mate to a gear shift/standard shift B8200D model, which is what I have. He also contacted Westendorf and for a 54" PIN ON bucket TA55 model, they want $5300 UNINSTALLED :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: YOWSAHS.
I thanked him for his help and research. We both agreed that looking for a machine with an FEL already installed is the best route to go.

Needless to say, i won't be installing an aftermarket FEL on this little old school B8200.

Friday i am going to look at a B7800 with LA402 and i'm taking a trailer with me.

Edit; Confirmation from 3rd dealer that Koyker does not make a loader for a gear drive B8200D, only available for a Hydro model. Westendorf TA55 quoted again from this 3rd dealer @ $5095 but said he would get it to me for $4795. EEK! haha.

Last edited: