B7800 Loader removal tips

Biotex

Equipment
B7800 HST
Nov 11, 2015
Alpine, TX
First timer here and I have just purchased 2 B7800's. I need to take the loader off of the one tractor and re-install it on the second one. I did some searching and see that a lot of models have the quick attach loaders, but looks like the 7800 HST is not one of them. Is this correct?
If so can someone please clue me in as to just what I'm up against?
Although I'm mechanically inclined and have all the required tools and a shop with a lift inside, I'm just not sure where to begin. I don't want to unnecessarily unbolt any more parts than needed to remove the bucket.

The two tractors are identical, except the one has never had a loader, and the second one, the parts tractor I bought has a nearly new one.

Last edited:

Biotex

Equipment
B7800 HST
Nov 11, 2015
Alpine, TX
Seems it does come off by simply pulling the pins and unfolding the legs to set it on. Pretty easy now that I know how to do it.

So I pulled the loader and all hydraulics off the parts tractor and reinstalled them on to the working tractor. Everything works as good as new. Spent a couple of hours detailing the sun faded paint and she looks pretty darn good.

I have to admit though, trying to attach the box blade is a bit of a chore by myself. I can see leaving it on even if I don't intend to use it. Maybe the linkage is not adjusted properly or something, but I'll get good at it I'm sure as time passes.

Now for some fluid changes...

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Quick-Hitch.... Best $100 Ive spent yet. Hook-up my bush hog in under 3 minutes. York Rake in under 30 seconds.

Make sure your hydraulic couplers have those color-coded dust caps that are also clean when you cap said hydraulics. Wouldnt want any of that schmutz floating around the machine.

Biotex

Equipment
B7800 HST
Nov 11, 2015
Alpine, TX
Quick-Hitch.... Best $100 Ive spent yet. Hook-up my bush hog in under 3 minutes. York Rake in under 30 seconds.

Make sure your hydraulic couplers have those color-coded dust caps that are also clean when you cap said hydraulics. Wouldnt want any of that schmutz floating around the machine.

I took your advice and purchased a quick hitch. Thank you! A must have.
I did clean those caps. I'll post up some pics soon.

Last edited: