B7800 Hydraulic Leak

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
a B7800. I bought it about 1.5 years ago. It had 198 hours. I have put on 25 more. I didn’t use it much in the past 2 or 3 months. But I would go out and start it from time to time. The other day I warmed it up Hello tractor forum. I need some advice, but please keep in mind I’m still very new at this. My tractor is and drove it out of my barn. Then latter I put it back in my barn. The next morning I noticed a small amount of hydraulic oil on the front tire and a little on the concrete floor. I checked the dip stick and it read over full. The tractor has never shown anything but right in between those lines I have never added any. One thing I should mention is when I’m done with the tractor I never lower the ballast box all the way to the floor. It has about 500lbs in it and I don’t want to crack the cement floor any more that it is. So I built a very heavy wood box about 2 feet high to rest it on. I called the dealer and he said to put the loader down flat on the ground, then it should read correct. I put the bucket flat on the floor, and today the dip stick was the same overfull. I hope I didn’t mess something up. Filix.

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
Re: hydraulic leak

Sorry about the errors. I wrote it all in Word. then copy and paste. dont know why it came out so messed up. Filix

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is no reason why or how it could have added fluid unless you've taken it swimming. ;)

Just keep an eye on the level as temps and exact location make a difference.

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
Thanks Wolf. Do think I should have it serviced? Is it safe to drive in and out of the barn? I swear I never added anything but fuel since I owned it. I read in the manual that if you try to lift 3 point and it doesn't go up, move the steering wheel back and forth or you could hurt your hydraulic system. filix