B7510 Loader Problem

mskrekla

Equipment
B7510
May 10, 2010
North East, PA
Hi All-

New member here! Forgive me if this is a similar issue already mentioned somewhere - I did a search and did not come up with anything.

I have a HST B7510 with an OEM loader and front snowblower (both implements use the same control valve - at different times obviously :eek:).

I notice that intermittently I am having problems with my loader/snowblower not going down when when I push the joystick up. When I push up on the joystick - I can see the loader "jump" but the implement will not go down. I can push the joystick all the way up to float and the loader arms will indeed drop from gravity.

I am able to curl the bucket alright and raise the loader arms - just having problems with the down motion. Needless to say the snowblower does the same thing (which utilizes the same connection points as the up and down positioning on the control valve).

Any ideas? I would love to get this corrected for once and for all - had my tractor for 5 years now and not a single complaint other than this. I am fairly mechanically inclined so I can do some things on my own but didnt want to go ripping into the control valve if its something a little easier to deal with.

Let me know. Great site!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Do you feel anything strange in the controls like a grinding or crunching like feel? I have seen water get down in the plunger (for lack of better words) and rust things up. If this has happened it will do all sorts of crazy things. My brother had a B 7500 that did this and a thurough cleaning and lube took care of it.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Bully.... you are on target..... I'll bet my left ^&% that the control valve is Husco:mad:

If the person witrh the issue is careful they can remove the lower caps off the valve spools and clean and replace wothout removing the Control from the tractor. I'd tell them how to research the threads on OTT on this subject hopwever I would be a poor one to do this... Maybe K can help:rolleyes:

I am having issues with my antique computer and may not get to visit the site as often as I wish... so please carry the flag on this one till I and on solid computing ground again... Butch

mskrekla

Equipment
B7510
May 10, 2010
North East, PA
Thanks for the replies.

No crunching or grinding ... not that I can hear or feel anyways with a diesel running and vibrating.

Very strange thing happened when I went home to work on it - it works now without a problem :confused: I literally touched nothing and it works?!?!?!

In regards to servicing the valve - I would love to do maintenance on it but I've never cracked one of those open. I assume theres all kinds of poppets, springs, etc. in it.

When you say lower caps on the valve spool - do you mean the caps on the opposite end of the valve from the joystick?

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
There are detent kits available to rebuild the spool detents. They rust and corrode and they wear, so if you think the problem is the detent, you can slide the spool out, put it in a vise, and replace the parts that come in the kit.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
KT is correct a thousand times over.... and in response to your understanding as the valve has a bunch of poppets and the like... not true. Actually the valve is a VERY simple mechanism. The lower caps opposite the joy stick end held in place by long cap screws is by far the most complicated part and believe me it ain't all that bad to service.

In my humble opinion.... most of all the problems i have ever encounted with a comntrol vlave was found under the two detent caps due to corrosion.:eek:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It sounds like kubotatech and Butch just got a double play on that bit of advise.
It only takes a little bit of water to get in the controls and it does a lot of damage that is never seen until it starts giving problems.